Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

need a cheap CCPM radio.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

need a cheap CCPM radio.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 11:17 PM
adr_ian64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a cheap CCPM radio.

Hello, I just bought a Raptor 30 heli w/o engine and radio. I bought a OS .32 engine and now I need a radio. I don't have very much to spend since I spent most of it on the heli. I have the servos and rx and need a tx only. which one would be good for heli's? I was looking at the optic 6 tx and some JR ones but I dont want to buy something that sucks or is low quality. I have a budget of 100ish but I could go up a bit(just gotta wait which sucks. [&o]).

I'll post pictures once I'm done building my Raptor

thanks all
Old 01-14-2005, 12:14 AM
okw

Default RE: need a cheap CCPM radio.

It'll be hard to find anything for around $100 unless you look for something used. There are always good deals on the marketplace here or on e-Bay.

BTW, the Raptor doesn't use CCPM, it's a mechanically mixed heli.

Keith
Old 01-14-2005, 12:40 AM
adr_ian64

You always need to be thinking ahead in this hobby though. I also have a Hornet 2 that I'm dieing to get the 120 degree CCPM CNC machined head. Only thing setting me back is the radio. I could sell the Hornet and get a better radio but I love how you can fly it indoors like a gym or even kitchen.

thanks for the replys
Old 01-14-2005, 02:19 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Futaba 7C will do 120 CCPM and has five point curves. If you can get your hands on one of those, it should last you a while.