Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Flight sim dosent work

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Flight sim dosent work

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 08:44 AM
Flyer2k5
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flight sim dosent work

My fms dosent work so I fired up the old honey bee 2. I dont have a clue about flying but I managed to get it statrted. I learned a little about the throttle and the right stick I am asumming this is the elevator stick. I also figured the throttle is also theaileron stick when left and right. My question is how do I get off the ground just an inch or 2?
Old 01-15-2005, 04:44 PM
1ight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flight sim dosent work

Providing your heli is setup right, you need to add throttle untill you see the heli get 'light on its skids'. Try making small movements with your controls and see how the heli responds to each stick movement. My suggestion would be to get the rotors spinning and move your right stick (cyclic) around. See what happens. Try getting the heli to slide around without lifting off the ground first. Once you learn what each control does, try adding more power and get it off the ground for a second or two.
It is difficult to start learning on micro helis as they are unstable and difficult to control. Best bet is to get as much stick time as possible. It will make things easier.