Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

E Sky Honey Bee NewBie

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

E Sky Honey Bee NewBie

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 09:39 AM
pjb345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E Sky Honey Bee NewBie

I have had the unit since Christmas, and still can't get it off the ground. The main problem is that it scoots rearward very quickly. I cannot get a hover. I have experimented with many trim settings, and feel I have the tail roter balanced, and eliminated the spin, but it will only scoot along the grond backward, with no lift. Need some help on how to correct. This is my first RC helicopter. I am completely a novice.

Thanks

[email protected]
Old 01-17-2005, 09:52 AM
joeb102072
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: E Sky Honey Bee NewBie

I guess my first question would be if it didnt scoot across the floor as you say it does would it have enough power to lift off? Or is it lacking on power as well?. If there is insufficent power try twisting the main rotor blades downward a bit. You can adjust this by hand just do the same to both blades. Be careful not to over twist putting too much positive pitch will result in a very very unstable and unfliable aircraft. if the scoot is what is preventing you from lift off then all I can say is that the beauty of the micros they definatly need a tender hand and fast reflexes. They take a bit of getting used to while the transition from grund to air is going to be your biggest obsticle. Until you actually get it into the air. But the turbulence created by the downforce of the rotor blades hitting the floor makes the heli respond very very differntly to what it will actually fly like when it clears the ground. I know my heli well enough to where i can over compensate before it shows those bad tendencies and it makes for a smooth transition into flight. My biggest issue with the micro helis was the battery life they claim you get from a charge. If you are using a 750 MAh 8.4 V battery pack or anything similar then get rid of it. Its acutal flight time is more like 3 to 4 mins if that and by the time you get comfortable the chrage is decreasing throwing all of your trims off. Go get a 7.4 V 1050Mah li po its peak V is actually 8.7 so iut has pleanty of juice and you can get an awesome flight time. Hope this helps---- Good Luck
Old 01-17-2005, 10:11 AM
cadi196

First off, you didn't mention which Honey Bee you have. Is it the 4 channal fixed pitch or the 6 channel cp 3d version. I have the 6 channel cp version. You can adjust all you want and will not get off the ground with the 8.4v Nimh battery. You need to upgrade to the 11.1v LiPo battery like the owners manual recommends. Also if you do have the the cp model, unplug you motors from the mixing controller. After that your servos will get power but the blades will not spin. turn your 3d switch on, throttle it to the midway point and adjust you main blades so that they have 0 pitch. after you set your pitch unplug the battery, turn the 3d switch off and plug your motors back in. you should be ready to fly after you get that new battery.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:30 AM
pjb345

I have the 4 channel fixed pitch model.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:35 AM
pjb345

I am also using the training gear. Does this help or does it add more weight and prevent liftoff?
Old 01-17-2005, 11:47 AM
Radd

1.Pick your heli up by the fly bar and see if it balances level...Its probably the training gear pulling it tail down....

2.check to see that your swash is sitting level.....It may be leaning backward?

Next is tricky so be slow and safe....

Hold your helicopter up, holding onto the skids or someplace strong...hold it out at arms length and gently spin it up...At a reasonable blade speed that would normally want to pull the heli up..do you feel it pulling backward?....watch your eyes and dont do anything in a hurry...