Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Honey Bee Versions

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 02:01 PM
jeff250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honey Bee Versions

I've been searching for helicopters and decided to get the esky honey bee because of price and reviews. I'm new to the sport except for planes. I see there is the original version with plastic blades, the newer 4 channel fp with the wood blades and redesigned rotor head, and the 6 channel 3D with collective pitch. Has anyone flown all three ? Witch is more stable, and what about the newer designed rotor heads are they more durable in crashes. Is anything stronger in the later two? One other thing ill be flying mostly at the school in the grass.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Billyray

Default RE: Honey Bee Versions

Read my thread.

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Problems_with_Esky_(Honey_Bee_2)/m_2431564/tm.htm[/link]
Old 01-19-2005, 12:18 PM
jeff250

I'm still interested in getting one. I'd like to here from anyone who has flown the newer honey bee with the fixed pitch that has the wood blades. Haven't found any reviews on the newer version.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

I have the fixed pitch with wooden blades and it is ok but it takes some set up first off the blades need to be balanced badly and the tracking is not the best,also you need to adjust the proportional on the main board.This is not a bird that will fly out of the box but with a little work it will fly good.Also do not count on the Instruction Manual it is almost worthless to a beginner it would not help at all.Now that I have said that it is not a bad little Heli and it is fun it handles well and is great for indoor flying if you have the time to work on it you would enjoy it also make up your own mind do not let someones biased opinion discourage you most of these hunyocks would have you flying a raptor 90se and be in debt up to your eyeballs.