Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

ESky 2 Hovering Video

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 09:56 AM
Billyray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESky 2 Hovering Video

Im posting a short Video showing the versatility of this Heli to hover in a small area. Remeber this is my basement next to the Big Screen TV and my couch. There is alot of rotor wash that can cause control problems. That and im not the best indoor pilot there is. Also im using a set of Elite Semi Sym blades from Helihobby that are listeed for the Hummingbird CP. I've put the stock blades to good use stiring paint. The stock blades are about 2/3 the size of the Elite sets and just dont produce enough usable lift. I would recomend that the first upgrade you buy is a new set of blades.

[link]http://home.fuse.net/galaxies/ESky2.wmv[/link]
Old 01-25-2005, 10:14 AM
fireplug1111
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: ESky 2 Hovering Video

AWESOME DUDE.

Looks like your getting the hang of it. I know this might sound funny, and maybe a little scary- but take off the training gear I think you will see it flies alot easier.

Good job.
Alan
Old 01-25-2005, 04:32 PM
tanasit

Thank you for not only sharing your moment but to prove to many that say Esky HB2 is junk and never flies.
My stock blades work fine but with higher head speed and even with 1800 mAH pack.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Radd

the word junk is getting junked around here....

BUY QUALITY....AND DONT BELIEVE WHAT MY COUSIN SELLS ON E-BAY......
Old 01-25-2005, 05:28 PM
_Buzz_

Nice one Billyray, but fireplug's right......when you're ready to take the training legs off you'll see a big difference in the performance.

Here's a bit of video (sorry about the quality) of me flying my micro in the workshop.

[link=http://www.btinternet.com/~bejay_uk/piccolo4.WMV]Workshop flying[/link]

You'll see that floor space is VERY limited....If you listen hard at the 1 minute point you'll hear the blades scrape the bench top.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:20 AM
RCelectrichelinut

Nice work. I would also suggest taking the training gear off now. Also if you fly it around chest high it will be much easier to control.

Edit: Cool video Buzz, just watched yours. I can hover about the same but looks like you got a little FF action looks cool. Also you have a very interesting idea on antenna placement. I may try that on one of my helis. I love hovering and landing on my kitchen table or other objects. Alot of fun.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:46 PM
drivinmecrazy

Wow!! now you made that easy as i also have the HB2 and by gum does it drift about not straight with the tail benind.... and can i get it to hover like that??? no way, but there maybe it's just me oh good call on the blades, I'm now using the mail blades from a picclo? and well was better until i put in into the funiture, yes i did have to cut a little off the blade to get them to fit...