Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

thinken of gettin my first heli

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

thinken of gettin my first heli

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 04:30 PM
bigphill911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinken of gettin my first heli

Hey guys whats up. I went to an rc show today and saw a heli flyin and it looked really sweet. I'm wondering what a good heli would be for me to start with? I don't wanna anything huge and I definetly want a electric. I was wanten one that I may posibly be able to hover in my living room once i learn how to fly haha. let me know thanks. by the way i'm lookin for somethin in the price range of a team losi xxx-s rtr with a broken esc, cuz im gonna be trading or selling mine to get one of these.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:12 PM
e-maxxmaster

Default RE: thinken of gettin my first heli

i like this one.

http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/store/...?prod=ESKY3D6P
Old 03-13-2005, 12:14 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There area ton of threads here that ask this same question.

First get yourself a sim. it will pay for itself many times over. Then get the heli. go to the electric heli forum and talk to the guys about electrics. There are quite a few new ones out that will do anything you want to do. Your best bet will be to sell the car and then buy the heli. Harder to get a trade

Good luck.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:51 AM
predman
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Start off small an inexpensive,some RTF ones come w a sim. If you buy an expensive one and crash and crash your probably gonna get frustrated and maybe ruin an expensive one. My opinion Ebay has some reasonably priced ones,the COLCO thunderbird fairly crashes well(meaning less parts break) or go w the x rotation heli to get the fear over hovering. The sim will prepare you but not entirely teach you,but you still should start w it. Just my 2 cents so dont knock me for it.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:59 AM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Im with you there. The sim will only teach you which way to push the sticks. It wont teach you how to fly.

If your completely new to flying, Id recommend a X-rotation heli like the Hirobo XRB. Its a good stable forgiving heli that makes flying easy and fun.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Pathogens
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Dont get such junk as the bumblebee..

research something like the T-Rex or the Shogun.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:29 AM
bigphill911

alright ill look around. how hard are these things to fly?
Old 03-13-2005, 03:42 PM
ChopperMike

Heli's are definitely more difficult to learn to fly than fixed wing but do-able. Definitely go with a sim to start and keep at it, you'll get it. Also remember that the cheapest ones you can get are not going to be the best by any means. There's a lot of junk out there. For flying indoors you'll need a fixed pitch micro or something like the Blade Runner or Hirobo XRB. You will not be flying these outdoors except in very little or no wind, there you need a collective pitch machine, can't have it both ways. If you really want to fly indoors you pretty much need 2 machines.

IMO for flying outdoors with an electric that is not going to break the bank, go with a T-REX or Shogun. The larger electrics such as the Logo series or MA Ion will cost more than a nitro. Go with LiPo's to start and get a good charger such as the Astorflight 109.

Mike
Old 03-24-2005, 07:09 AM
jlb0305

i've kinda got the same question. I started flying about 10 years ago but got out of it because didn't really have time to maintain and fly. I'm a poor college student at the moment so i was looking on eBay and found some good ones.

honeybee 3, thunderbird 2, dragonfly #40, dragonfly 22a. I've heard mixed opinions about these but overall people seem to say the honeybee is best. is that true? and has anyone seen any better heli's on ebay or anywhere else for $200 or less that are RTF. I tried looking for a T-rex but they aren't RTF anywhere near my $200 budget.