Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

chargers????

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 11:56 PM
jakcharles
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chargers????

Ok I have a 1500 mah 3 cell li-po battery. And I am looking for a fairly good charger. I found a Hobbico quick charger, and I would like to know if that is ok or not. Please help.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:37 AM
Charlie

Default RE: chargers????

That's a great little charger, I have been using it for about two years. Make sure you get the one that does lipo's. You never know, you mite want to use lipo batteries some day.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60097.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	245975  
Old 03-20-2005, 08:56 AM
ChopperMike

The Hobbico QC MKII does a good job on LiPo's, doesn't give you quite a full charge though. A better charger for LiPo's is the Astroflight 109. It charges up to 9 cells and WILL fully charge them. It only does LiPo's though.

Mike
Old 03-20-2005, 09:29 AM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Great Planes Triton charger. Its the best one out there that Ive found. It will charge just about anything. Check it out.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

I would have said triton a few months ago but the Astro flight 109 is so much of a better charger is is not funny my triton went up for sale the moment I received my 109 and I do not regret it for a minute.You want marginal you buy triton you want the best you buy the astro flight 109.Great planes needs to go back to the drawing board to come up with one that will out do the Astro Flight because the triton is sadly lacking.But as Mike said it is only for LiPo's but if you are really into electrics then you should only be using LiPo's because NiCads and NiMh battery's like the triton are sadly lacking and are a waste of time.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:53 AM
WhtBronco

I have both the Hobbico Quick Field Charger MKII and the Astro 109. The Hobbico charger is great for nicd and nimh, but it’s crap for li-pos. I got at best a 75% charge on my li-pos with it. The Astro 109 is super simple to use and gives me a full charge everytime. I really like both chargers and use both a lot. The Hobbico charger is used only for the radio systems in my glow planes and heli though. For my park flier batteries I use the Astro 109.