Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

rotor blade question

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 12:47 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rotor blade question

this may sound stupid as I already think I know what your all going to say. I am still a newbe when it comes to helis. I have a heli that i had sitting around for a while and I'm getting ready to set it all up. The old house I used to live in had sprung a leak in the roof over the room where i had my airplane stuff just before I moved. Luckly nothing of major value got ruined. Now as I have discovered that my rotor blades looks as though there is some mold or mildew under the covering. Is it recommended I just toss these blades and buy new ones ?
Old 05-14-2005, 05:09 AM
RotorNut

Default RE: rotor blade question

It depends on how long the mold has been there and if it has started to soften the wood. If it hasn't you could use some bleach to kill the mold. But if I were you I'd toss them just in case. Woodies are fairly cheap to replace and would be worth getting a new set for peace of mind.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:59 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

For the cost of a set of wood blades you'd be foolish to take the chance.

Think of this as God telling you its time for a set of carbons.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:51 PM
heli-cuzz

buy new blades, it's not worth the cost and aggravation if something does go wrong.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:39 PM
rccrazedman

Ok I guess all is fair $40 is cheaper then a new $200 some dollar trainer heli like the nexus. and as for the carbons blades, Barracuda, I'm just a beginner and I wouldn't want to buy a set of expensive carbon blades just to wreck them. after all it is a nexus and this heli supposedly would bend the feathering shaft if you invert it without a nice easy gentle roll.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:49 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

The spindle is prone to damage but I never did it in flight. I usually had to hit something. I still have a couple of Nexui laying around if you need anything let me know. Including carbons
Old 05-15-2005, 12:22 PM
rccrazedman

I bought it from scratch and dent cheap. so I pretty much have a full heli in a box it doesn't have blades or a tail boom. and I don't know what other odds and ends may be missing. So what price would you be willing to sell me a set of blades ?