Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Debating on a Hawk Pro?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Debating on a Hawk Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 04:56 PM
liftdump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debating on a Hawk Pro?

Are there any issues with this helicopter known among you experienced guys that make it a problem for a first?
Old 06-04-2005, 12:45 AM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

Default RE: Debating on a Hawk Pro?

go with the rapror or the caliber, i gave the hawk pro a lot on there site and was not to impressed with it.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:57 PM
liftdump

thanks for your input!
Old 06-05-2005, 09:26 AM
armyrcer-RCU
My Feedback: (17)

I have got to say first, and some people may disagree with it. I would see what guys at your club, or area are flying. Sometimes it is easier to fly a helicopter that someone else is flying and worked on as problems that arise they might have already encountered them and know of a simple fix. i do not tend to get into the helicopter wars on what is the best helicopter. I think i shop around for what helicopter suits my flying needs out of the box. the raptor is more for 3-D and easily upgraded to a 50. the hawk pro now with the ballbearings and torque tube will get you learning to fly and will carry you into mild 3-D like loops and rolls and a lower cost then the raptor or the caliber. The hawk pro will also get you into scale alot easier then the raptor or the caliber and cannot understand what is not impressive about the helicopter at 199.99 These are my observations on three 30 size helicopters that are popular on the market today.

1. the caliber is a smooth flying helicopter out of the box, there is a problem with the starter coupling stripping out even when using a starter wand with a one way bearing. this happened on my helicopter and a couple of others in my area.
2. the raptor i have not put one together, but have flown one and it flew nice also but seem to have a wobble with it. this could have been due to a setup issue on the helicopter.
3. the hawk pro is a good helicopter just has to be put together properly when assembling it. I hear that the only problems with the pro are getting the toki engines running right that are a 40 size.

I have three hawk sports one which was upgraded into a pro and a DNHP sr-3 60 size helicopter. I fly scale and only scale so the sports and hawk pro fits in my budget and fly real well and hold up great for scale. there is nothing wrong with the hawk pro and the way it flys. Here is my hawk sport not a pro flying in my longranger with a price tag around 1600.00
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21779.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	280586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82594.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	280587   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va73084.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	280588  
Old 06-06-2005, 10:36 AM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

As stated, see what people around you are flying. They can help with setup and make it easier for you.

I like the raptor series about the best. Most of the people that I have talked to that have the hawks like them too.

You will like whichever you get, but it will make life a lot more enjoyable if you get one that you can get help with. Going it alone sounds all noble and everything, but your chances of making it work right and sticking with it are very slim with no help.