Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

adjusting pitch blade angle

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

adjusting pitch blade angle

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 12:35 PM
lotek8404

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjusting pitch blade angle

hey guys,
I been trying to adjust my Z400 pitch blade angle to according to manual specification. The manual says +7 and -7 degree on up and down pitch blade angle. It also say using the EPA will help adjust this. Now my problem is when my up pitch angle is set to +7 and when I tried to adjust the angle of my down pitch the EPA seems to stop to certain degree and I can adjust it anymore. I tried to adjust manually by adjusting the links but it doesn't solve my problem. Is there a way that I can fixed this problem. Any tips or suggestion will help. Thanks
lotek........
Old 06-24-2005, 04:33 AM
xanadu_vector
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: adjusting pitch blade angle

In your radio your EPAs should be 100%. On your heli you should set it up like the manual says. Make sure the linkage and arms are all 90 degrees to eachother or perpendicular. Now check your radio's pitch curve and make sure the highest and lowest points are at the highest and lowest settings. Make sure your ball link is the proper distance from the servo shaft (in the right hole on the horn)Then check your pitch range. You really don't need -7 if you're just starting out. Most go with +9 to -2. Use your pitch curve to set the range though, not the EPA.