Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Lubricants

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 07:47 PM
deli_conker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lubricants

What type should I use for my Trex? I have a couple of different types on hand. The manual says to use oil. Is that 3 in 1 oil? I have read elsewhere that I should use a silicone lubricant. I have an aerosol, heavy duty one. And what about using a white lithium grease? Is that a possibility?
Old 07-15-2005, 09:21 PM
andy98801

Default RE: Lubricants

I just use 3 in 1 on the bearings. but anything should work. just try not to make a mess as oil atracts dirt or dust during flight if you use to much.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:37 AM
Charlie

It's not a good idea to use anything that has petroleum base in it around plastic (from what I've read). Anything that has a silicone base should work fine, but like was already said, don't use to much.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:55 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just for the o-rings, right? I used silicone grease from an auto parts store. One tube is enough to do 100,000 t-rexes.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:29 AM
deli_conker

The manual says nothing about oiling the bearings. There's only a couple of places it mentions using it. One of which is when you assemble the main drive gear and the autorotation tail drive gear.

I've had experience with other things where you don't want to use a petroleum based product on a petroleum based plastic where it damaged the plastic. No ideas about the white lithium?