Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Beginner Helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Honduras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner Helicopter

One of my life lohg dreams has been to fly An R/C helicopter. I am retired living ing in Honduras. I bought a Winner R/c copter. Amazinglgly if arrived intact and functioned perfectly. I have read all posts and honestly I am confused, I keek thinging of a Blade Runner because all replacement parts are available. I know it is a cheapie. I Really like te Hibrobo ( sic) Lama also the House Fly and it's clones. I havge Realflight and Clearview sims. Obvisously I am on my own. I would appreciate any advice. Nitros are out of the question ,can't get fuel. Thanks for ay advice. Jeff
Old 07-17-2005, 12:24 AM
FL350

Default RE: Beginner Helicopter

Hi there... I'm a novice as well, have flown rc airplanes for the past 17 yrs and have just got into helicopters... I didn't want to go to nitro, mainly due to the cost, and I eventually just went out and bought an all inclusive, ready to fly HoneyBee 2... which has now been upgraded to the HoneyBee CP2 incidentally, and that cost me around US$200 all up. I had such fun with that (Ialso have the Great planes G2 Sim) that I'm just about to build my first elec heli and I'm going for the ARK X400 which seems to be a T Rex 450 upgrade... I'm on my own as well so need all the help I can get... check out www.x400tuning.com -a dedicated site for building the x400 -really appeals to me to compliment the building and flying. www.helihobby.com seems to have a good set of combo deals for the ARK X 400 too... see what you think... I agree its confusing... too much choice out there and everyone has a different opinion!

Happy choosing!
Old 07-17-2005, 12:35 PM
jmitchell

just got my honey bee cp2, charged the battery and tried to hover, slowly ran up throttle to full power but would not lift off I added full up trim and finally got it off the ground. Is there some adjustment they did not mention in the intsructions?
Old 07-17-2005, 01:33 PM
FL350

I've got the Honey bee 2 -collective pitch, but the model before yours but I believe basically the same thing... Actually mine needed at least 3/4 trim before it would lift off with the training gear on -which it normal and to be expected, and that was with a 1000mah LiPo battery. I don't have any other elc heli experience to draw upon, but have read on the forums that if you are using NiMH or NiCad pack you just won't get the preformance, and I know that some of the combos do come only with basic battery packs... Try a decent LiPo if you're not already...? Other than that the only other way I know how is to try and lengthen (screw out) the collective links to get more angle of attack for given throttle position, though I would make sure you're using the correct battery pack and its properly charged first and see if that fixes it!

Good luck!

Oops actually considering that the flybar is above the rotors you'd need to screw it in to get the increased angle of attack -sorry!

Old 07-17-2005, 03:46 PM
jmitchell

Thank's for the info, I was not using the training gear and had a fully charged li-po battery it seems lift-off should be easy at half or mabe 3/4 throttle.