Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Trex 450X or Ark X400

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 02:15 PM
heliras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 450X or Ark X400

Hi, after learning to fly for quite sometime on a Hirobo XRB Lama (brilliant heli [sm=thumbup.gif]), I'm now am saving for an ARTF kit to allow me to fly outdoors. I was looking at the Trex 450X, but after after going to modelexpo2005, in Birmingham, UK, I saw the Ark X400. Now I don't know what to go for. So what's your advice, please.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:51 AM
GentleBen1952

Default RE: Trex 450X or Ark X400

I had the same decision to make and went with the T-rex simply because of the availability of repair parts at this time. The darn thing flys so great I may never need repair parts (yea right!). If you go with the t-rex get the new upgraded one, my buddy has the original and mine is much more stable.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:48 PM
carlosk

I got the Ark-400, and allthough I live in Norway I have no problem with getting parts. You should probably get a Trex V2 or a Trex XL. The Trex seems to be more refined than the X400 even though they say that the X400 is better to fly. See [link=http://www.x400tuning.com/]X400 tuning[/link] or [link=http://www.trextuning.com/]Trex Tuning[/link] for more information.

It seems that the Trex also has more after market CNC parts, and has a lot of mods incorporated ( eg rings for the antenna tube on the skids).

I have had bad experiences in my first crash with the x400 ( lost radio contol to collective) as the tail rotor broke at the ball links. I want CNC alu parts, but they are not available for the Ark, but theY say that the Trex parts fit the ARK X-400. So far I have installe a number of Trex parts on my Ark X-400, and am awaiting the CNC tail rotor parts I ordered to repair the crash damage. I am soon going to start calling it the T-ark.

There are other alternatives like the Corona 120, Lipoly V2 or Rebell Xl by Artfantasie (German). Do some research on the net and talk to your local hobby shop to see about spares etc.

Any choice you make is temporary as you will soon be thinking what about the next step (Minicopter Joker with 5 foot rotor diameter!).

If you live in the UK, try [link=http://www.liteheli.com/]www.liteheli.com[/link] who are the UK distributor.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:47 PM
heliras

Hi Carlosk,

Many thanks for your advice. Most of the advice coming through is pointing me in the direction of the Trex XL. You're right ,however , as soon as I get that, I will be thinking what next !!!!! [sm=confused.gif]
Old 07-25-2005, 02:50 PM
heliras

Hi Gentleben 1952.

Trex XL it is. Thanks for you advice. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 07-26-2005, 04:04 AM
carlosk

Good Luck, and use Trex tuning as a guide. There is a lot of useful information there, as well as dedicated forums for Trex and Ark-400.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:53 PM
philw007

I went thru the same decision process as you did. I just bought the trex 450xl cde and am in the process of putting it together.

Same thoughts...trex is more established with good reputation. the x400 may have some better parts and may be a debatablly better heli, it has some problems too.

Trex parts are easy to find and there are more people expert on the trex to help out.