Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Can you Identify this heli for me?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Can you Identify this heli for me?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Plasma88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you Identify this heli for me?

Since this is a heli forum I was wondering if maybe you guys could clue me in about this heli
I have ZERO experience on heli's I dont even know where to start.

This is where you guys come in, If I was to put this on ebay, I wouldnt know what to put under -item description- since I dont know anything about it. Maybe you guys can help me. It does look to be a lil outdated. The controller says "hobby shack" on the back so maybe at one point this was sold at hobby people, or it could but just the electronics are from hobby people.
it has: four cirruscs-128 servos and 1 cs 248 servo
it has a cirrus cr-217 7ch fm receiver.
and a futuba fp-g134 ... ?
OS max engine
4 ft wing span

What would be needed to get this up and running? any idea what it could be called?

here are some pics

theres a good chance it will be up for sale soon if anyone is interested make an offer. email: [email protected]

if you guys have any comments or anything please post
thanks!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:06 AM
heli143
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can you Identify this heli for me?

Looks like a GMP Cobra. Does it have a 40 or 50 in it?
These were made and sold by GMP in California many years ago and also served as the mechanics for the Ranger scale heli.
Parts can be hard to come by but they are out there. you might try contacting a member who goes by COOP on RR as he is pretty knowledgeable about this brand.
You might be able to sell in on Ebay as older helis have all off a sudden sparked a lot of interest and nostalgia.
Post it on all the heli sites also.
Do a search for GMP Cobra or Gorham Model Products on the net. I know there is a site out there that has the manuals and instructions for older helis but can't find it right now.
Good Luck to you.