Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

new engine after accident

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

new engine after accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 03:40 AM
dan003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new engine after accident

hi guys im the fella who had the accident with the o.s 32 and the clutch (mate got eye destroyed).... well i finaly got a new engine and som other gear. i got an os 37 and curtis youngblood pipe. im breaking it in at the moment. but i had a question or 2. when im flying the fuel gets chewed REALY quick and i mean REALY quick. and also its hard to keep her stable in the air as the rpm seems to be fluctuating (keeps bobbing up and down) OK here where im lost most ..... well with the stick at idle (not in 3d mode) i move it up to half throttle and it seems to be chokeing and then it requires above half throttle to get her to hover. im thinking this may be normal as it is new. i ahve 2 tanks through her and oh yer its a venture 30 if that helps. thanx guys
Old 07-22-2005, 07:47 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: new engine after accident

Its running very rich from the sound of it. Lean her a few clicks just make sure you don't over heat it. Go 2 clicks at a time and you'll see the rpm come up. Hover for a few minutes then let it idle for a little to cool down, keep doing that as your leaning it in.