Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Futaba 6EXA Compatible?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Futaba 6EXA Compatible?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 01:16 PM
mikegineris
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6EXA Compatible?

I'm interested in getting into a micro electric Heli. Maybe the EF Shogun? Can I use my Futaba 6EXA at least to get me started? I could upgrade later. I wanted to get a fully functional Heli like the Shogun that can fly inverted, but I'm concerned about the budget.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Charlie

Default RE: Futaba 6EXA Compatible?

That radio will work fine to get you started, but you are limited to what you can do. When your in idle up and inverted, you only have about 60% of throttle. In other words, you can't do 3D flying with that radio. You can hover inverted and do loops and rolls, but that's about it.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:54 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

I thought the 6EXA didn't have any helicopter mixing functions, they were all reserved for the 6EXH

Guess I was wrong. [8D]
Sure my friend would like to hear that.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:31 PM
mikegineris
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks Charlie. More research has turned up the Horizon Hobbies "Blade" that comes with a radio but has limited capabilities. What do you think? Should I go with the more functional EF Shogun 400 v2 or get the Blade? The Blade set up is considerably less money. This is for my 10 year old son who is adequate using the G3 simulator including inverted flight. He can take off, fly inverted, loops, and land anywhere he chooses.