Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

T-Rex 450XL

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 08:28 PM
test dummy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Rex 450XL

Hi, im just getting into helicopters and i would like to purchase one. My uncle has let me try his kyosho m24 and it is really hard. I was looking at getting a T-Rex 450XL (HDE) 3D Hiller Micro Helicopter kit. since i do not know that much about these helicopters can anyone tell me if the kit for 250.00 has everything i need to run it with. It is on this link http://www.helihobby.com/html/trex_helicopter.html
And does anyone know how long of run time it has and if its easy to fly out doors. Thanks
Old 08-02-2005, 09:46 PM
aknitroguy
My Feedback: (82)

Default RE: T-Rex 450XL

HI,
I wouldn't order anything from helihobby, I bought my first trex there and was sent a whole different heli (cheaper of course) The Trex is an awesome heli, I started with a hummingbird V3 and FMS sim and the rex was actually easier than my hummingbird to fly. I like mine a lot. You can get one from steve at dreamhobbies.com for under $200.00. I have shopped a lot of places on-line and dream hobbies is one of the best I have found. He even has free shipping.
The Trex kit is just the heli, you need a radio system, gyro, micro servos, motor/motor controller. repair and upgrade parts are pretty cheap and Align makes a very nice rc and they make all the electronics for it as well. Mine is all Align except the servo's.
Hope this helps,
Jay
Old 08-02-2005, 09:49 PM
test dummy

thanks ill check out dreamhobbies
but since im a begginer and do not know about whats a gyro and buying a controller i think i will buy a kit all together and ready to fly.
Either a dragonfly or a blade cp does anyone have anyhing to say about them.
Thanks
Old 08-03-2005, 01:31 AM
voltron1011

GWS parts is also great.... They had my T-Rex to me in a couple of days (APO oversees) with free shipping. Plus, he contacted me before shipping to ask me if I had all the neccesary parts (servos, receiver, etc). I don't know how many times I've ordered from other places where I thought I had everything I needed, only to find out that I had forgoten one little thing. Excellent customer service.

http://gwsparts.com/product_info.php...roducts_id=953
Old 08-03-2005, 07:34 AM

for the record, I had a good experience with helihobby
Old 08-03-2005, 08:38 AM
JohnFH
My Feedback: (6)

Test dummy,
Try taking a look at a local shop, if your new most local shops can assist you in your selection of components, point you to local clubs where you can get additional help in assembling and flying your new heli.
And by supporting your local shop, you stand a better chance of having a place where you can get parts localy, along with a little "hands on" support that you can't get from a web site.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:27 PM
test dummy

thanks Ill check out my local shop. And see what they have there.