Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Dragonfly #4 v #5

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 02:38 AM
Gaijin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragonfly #4 v #5

Hey,

This is the same question you have all heard a thousand times but with a slight twist, as a possible prospective heli owner with a very tight wallet after excessive Rc purchases I find myself wondering:

which is the best of the Walkera helis to learn on between a #4 & #5, I appreciate that the #4 is slightly less complex and the parts are cheap making it a good trainer (It's only gonna be for fun indoor flight) whilst the #5 is supposed to offer more stable flight at the cost of complexity.

So do the #5s traits outweigh those of the #4, I'm not opposed to repairs and tinkering and have some experience with performance Rc, although in fast electric boats not helis, so I expect a lot of sim time and crashes, what concerns me most are things I have heard about tail motor failures on the #4s and the twin motor design of the #5, where can you get spare tail motors?

Doubtless I would end up hopping the thing up after some experience as I just cant resist it but I assume that brushless would be very difficult/ expensive to acheive on the Lama clone #5, what size motors does it use anyway, they can't be 300 size surely

Anyway thoughts and advice appreciated