Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Best .30 Heli in stock form?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Best .30 Heli in stock form?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 12:28 AM
albajet_5256H
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best .30 Heli in stock form?

Ok, Ok... I'm getting the message that th Raptors are really popular! ...I was wondering what .30 sized heli has been the best left in its "stock" form. I have a feeling I'm going to hear Raptor, and that's ok, but their landing gear setup looks kind of weak. Do they have plastic LG struts? Anyway, back to the subject. I'm in the market for the best .30 sized heli after flying fixed wing rc for a number of years. I wanted to know which heli has the best stock setup and is very strong right out of the box without much extra "tinkering".
Old 08-13-2005, 07:20 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts
Default RE: Best .30 Heli in stock form?

hehe Your starting to come to the dark side, excellent!

Ok let me put this one other way then I'm going to stay out of your thread.

I have 6 helicopters, all of them different. If (when?) my wife makes me get rid of all but one of them, the Raptor is the one that will stay.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:00 PM
hellofacopter

I had the same question and did a lot of research. I ended up with a Raptor 50. The 50 is the same size as the 30 but it just has more power because of a larger engine. If you go with a .30, after you learn to hover and start forward flight, you'll say "I wish I had more power". My main question was replacement parts. I had a Nexus 30 and I just couldn't get parts for it and on the Raptor there is an aftermarket part for just about every part on the heli, plus ALL the stock parts are readily available.

I spent 2 month searching and reading about every helicopter out there, nitro and electric. Clearly the Raptor is the way to go. I was very impressed in the quality of the kit and its performance. But, the choice is yours.

Good luck, let us know when you end up getting.

Old 08-13-2005, 12:18 PM
albajet_5256H
My Feedback: (1)

I have a feeling I'm going to end up with a Raptor .30, but I am still seriously looking at the Century Hawk Pro with a Toki .40 or O.S. .37. I wish someone had done a review of the Hawk Pro. I Really like the design of the rotor head on the Hawk. -any thoughts?