Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

TT39 Pro Engine Manual???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

TT39 Pro Engine Manual???

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 03:57 PM
T1TAN23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT39 Pro Engine Manual???

Does anyone know where I can find this manual online. I have been googling it for a couple days now with no luck. I am trying to get my Raptor 30 started and I am having all kinds of trouble. I don't even know where the high and low needles are located and there is some other adjustment screw I have been mokeying with and I think i have everything oout of kilter and I am desperate for some help.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Sawdust48.5

Default RE: TT39 Pro Engine Manual???

I too have a tt engine in my raptor. Those tt engines are a pain in the a,.:". I fought with mine every day for 10 days before I would take the advice of so many fellow pilots. I gave up on the tt engine. Do yourself a favor and get an os 32 or os 37 engine. They will slip right in a raptor 30. Only update is you will need a different exhaust. The os 37 is the more powerful of the 2. If you're planning on upgrading your 30 to a 50 in the near future. get an os 46. you will need to upgrade a couple parts, I know the tail boom, the band, blades (engine mount?) Anything else??
Old 08-22-2005, 09:35 AM
T1TAN23

Well my problem at this point is i just dumped every spare penny i had into getting this heli, and I am very anxious to get started flying and to get my dang heli started. It will take me a couple more months to save up the $200 or so I will need in order to get the new engine and not to mention the other exhaust and what ever else i might need. There has to be something I can do with what i have for now.

So far I have changed out the glow plug, made sure the new one worked, unflooded the engine, and monkeyed with just about everything i could find to monkey with and I am having no luck at all. When I 1st put the starter on I get a couple of pops, then nothing from there on out. I am using a 6mm Hex extension with a 12v starter and a brand new battery so i know everything is spinning up as it should, and a brand new glow plug.

Where are the needles I keep hereing about, and what can i do to make sure they are in the right spot.

Please Heli God here my prayers..... please let my heli start today
Old 08-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Sawdust48.5

Best advice I could give you is to find a hobby shop in your area. Someone who knows how to work on the raptor.
Or find an ama flying club and ask to get with an experienced heli pilot and ask them to tune it for you. Good luck even then. The Thunder Tiger (TT) engines are a Pain in the ... I bought my os37 engine and exhaust for 157.00 from hobbyguyrc.com Free s/h
I get the impression this heli is used. Even if it's new, these machines need to be set up by a professsional. Radio needs to be set, blades need to be balanced. Pitch needs to be set. etc etc.
Do you have a flight simulator? If not forget about flying the heli yourself. Get someone to set it up for you and then put it up! The club I belong to wouldn't even set me up with a trainer until I had 90 hours on a flight sim. Real flight G2 is a good sim to start with. has a training tutor on software. Look on ebay. I got my G2 with 4 upgrade discs for $150.00 inc s/h