Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Dragonfly RC RTF 4CH V2 Helicopter info

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Dragonfly RC RTF 4CH V2 Helicopter info

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 09:51 AM
kenga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragonfly RC RTF 4CH V2 Helicopter info

Hi, I would like to purchase the above mentioned electric helicopter. I was not able to find ANY information or reviews about it. Could anyone say if it is really worth buying or not. I am a beginner and cannot afford buying a helicopter more expensive than $80-100
So can you please tell me any information about the helicopter or maybe you could just point me to a site with cheap beginnner electric helicopters for newbies.
Thanks in advance,

Nicolas
Old 08-25-2005, 12:18 PM
menardsy

Default RE: Dragonfly RC RTF 4CH V2 Helicopter info

Hi Nicolas,

I have bough a Walkera Dragonfly #4 last week. Also spent some time (around 6 hours) on the flight simulator. I am still not able to fly on the sim without crashing sometime. After that, I tried to fly the real helicopter and it was much harder that the simulator. I crashed the Dragonfly about 50 times from 1 to 2 foots height and even though the main blade did hit walls and grass, it still fly.

The first thing you will need to do is hovering: I am still not able to do it for more than 5 seconds. The helicopter is not very stable but it adds to the challenge.

Also, do your first flight in a large room (15 foots by 20 foots). I tried outdoor with a wind around 5 mph and was not able to control the heli. [&o] Also, when flying outdoor over grass, it is very easy to lose piece when crashing. My next heli will be an electric heli that is large enough to withstand some wind.

I also suggest you to buy a smart charger that can charge the battery in 15-20 minutes because the stock charger may ruin your battery if you forget it on charge for more that 2 hours. []

I bought mine from a local store because the Heli was already setup and I was not yet confident enough to buy from online store (like rc-expert or hobbyjapan2000). Perhaps I'll try to buy from them my next heli.

Sylvain

ORIGINAL: kenga

Hi, I would like to purchase the above mentioned electric helicopter. I was not able to find ANY information or reviews about it. Could anyone say if it is really worth buying or not. I am a beginner and cannot afford buying a helicopter more expensive than $80-100
So can you please tell me any information about the helicopter or maybe you could just point me to a site with cheap beginnner electric helicopters for newbies.
Thanks in advance,

Nicolas
Old 08-25-2005, 12:54 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Micro helicopters are by nature not stable.

The smaller anything becomes, the less stable it becomes, it's a scaling effect.

However, with a little work, and some knowledge of the way they operate, you can get them to fly very well. I've got my micro currently setup where (once it's in the air) It will hover in the same spot for up to 3 seconds with no stick input from me before it enters a heavy drift and requires quick correction.

Flying a micro is all about quick reflexes and perfect hand-eye coordination. It's not the most difficult thing in the world, but it does require practice.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:52 PM
UGBOYZ80

For beginner, you will need to spend time (a lot of time) to learn how to fly. For me, it took me about 3 days to pick up the basic skill and I crashed a lot of time too.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:55 PM
UGBOYZ80

Try to see this demo - [link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/zoom.php?id=1]DragonFly Video[/link]
Old 08-25-2005, 02:59 PM
kenga

Do you think it's safe to buy from hobbyjapan2000.com?
Heard many nasty things about them(helicopter wires not connected the right way inside, broken parts etc.)
Has anyone bought from them before?
What online store could you recommend me for cheap full beginner helicopters?
Thanks to all,

Nicolas
Old 08-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Sawdust48.5

Aero Hobbies
235-S Bus 121 suite 121
Lewisville, Tx
972-315-1854
Look up their 1800#
Ask for Andy
Old 08-28-2005, 03:38 PM
DEFLYER22

I ordered 2 times from them and all ok.

If you are comfortable with the shop, the best way is to get it from the local hobby shop in your area for little more money.

ORIGINAL: kenga

Do you think it's safe to buy from hobbyjapan2000.com?
Heard many nasty things about them(helicopter wires not connected the right way inside, broken parts etc.)
Has anyone bought from them before?
What online store could you recommend me for cheap full beginner helicopters?
Thanks to all,

Nicolas