Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Heli setup question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 06:17 PM
rodman1369

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli setup question

Hi there
I just got a Honeybee FP and have a very basic question. It came in the box with the main rotor blades folded back to fit in box. They swing freely in both directions. How do I get them to lock in straight line for flight? My wife suggested centrifical motion would do this...but I don't think this is right because they will each will swing 180 degrees. Am I missing something? I tried to tighten the small screws which hold them on...but did not lock them in place. Please give me a hint cause i am anxious to test the electronics. I WILL be using the flight simulator before I attempt flight. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:39 PM
chickenx5

Default RE: Heli setup question

Well with my heli you tighten the Elan heads that are further up than the screws, but you don't have to tightin them, the force keeps them streight while you are flying it, i did this when i first got mine.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:44 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Depending on your helicopter. Some fixed pitch helicopters work by having the blades just tight enough so that they don't fall under their own weight. Others report tightening the blades as tightly as they will safely go and then aligning them before each flight by hand works better.

I fall into the latter category, but have flown an Esky Honeybee FP that flew great using the loose method. So try both, see what works best for you. If you get really heavy shaking during lift off, try tightening the blades and aligning them so that the leading edge of the blades are at straight 90 degree angles with the flybar.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:45 PM
rodman1369

Thanks for the reply. I guess my wife is right. I'll give it a runup later and see if they stay straightened out and it gets light on the runners. Thanks again