Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

pitch throws cal 30 frustration PLEASE HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

pitch throws cal 30 frustration PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 02:52 AM
polygoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pitch throws cal 30 frustration PLEASE HELP!

hey guys!

This is driving me nuts!!! I decided to re-do my entire radio/ pitch setup because I realized I made some mistakes early on... anyways, I have gotten very good at hovering and i've decided to take my caliber 30 out of training mode.. heres the deal;

For some strange reason, after I switched the linkages on the cal to standard mode, I cant seem to get my pitch setup correctly, I re-read in the manual that at 50% left stick the servo horns on ail/pitch/elev should be centered and parallel to each other, well I did that but now when i'm at 0 left stick, I get tons of negative pitch..

My question is... how the hell do I go about getting my pitch ranges, and amounts set up? If I take the servo horns off and adjust them to make say 0 left stick at say 0 degrees pitch, then it effects my elevator alieron throws. How can I get the right pitch throws without it messing up my aleiron and elevator throws? I am using EMS, on the cal 30 with the futaba 7ch.

I guess I was lucky in that when I was in training mode it somehow was set at 0 degrees at 0 left stick already...
the pitch range I am shooting for is the basic 0,+6, +10, right now i'm getting something like -10, 0, +10

in the caliber 30, all of the push rods are fixxed ones except for the pitch rods, so I cant adjust those to make my throws correct, how do I do it? I tried adjusting it in the swash settings on the radio by adjusting the pitch +/- but that only seems to adjust the amount of travel in both directions, I really only need to take travel off the negative end because I want it at 0 at 0 left stick.

here is another thread I found with someone who had the same confusion in case you guys dont get what i'm saying:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_29...tm.htm#2950907

PLEASE ANYONE HELP! This is driving me nuts!

Old 09-01-2005, 02:56 AM
polygoo

Default RE: Swash + pitch positions frustration

..oh and also, I can make it work with the pitch curve, but I dont want to have my first point at 35 because it screws up the rest of my curve!, any ideas?
Old 09-01-2005, 03:02 AM
polygoo

... oh and another thing, whats the deal with the radius arm on the cal 30, are the pitch markings off or is it just me?
Old 09-01-2005, 10:53 AM
polygoo

anyone?