Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Looking for a 1st helli for this coming winter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Looking for a 1st helli for this coming winter

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 12:54 PM
firepiper
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a 1st helli for this coming winter

Im just starting out and i just got realflight g3. Since the summer is almost over and i wont be able to fly outside too much longer im looking to get a small indoor heli which i can practice with this fall and winter and then i'll upgrade in the spring. can anyone recommend something which wont break the bank but will be fairly easy to learn on and fly inside. Im hoping to get a Trex in the spring if all goes well and i like the hobby. Therefore if i the heli you recommend needs a TX i want to be able to use it with the Trex also.

thanks for any help
Old 09-02-2005, 02:41 PM
midi0101

Default RE: Looking for a 1st helli for this coming winter

Well, a good heli to start would be any .30/.50 sized heli. You can use the TX with the TRex as well, you'd just need to buy smaller servos and micro receiver.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Looking for a 1st helli for this coming winter

If you want something good that won't break the bank I would get the Hirobo XRB wireless it is great for indoors and will be real easy to fly,I have one and I also have a JR Voyager E and a Hirobo Freya Eagle 60 Nitro so I do have the heli's and the experience to say.I like the XRB because it is fun to fly and the blades are made of styrofoam so they will not damage anything in the house also.You can use the radio that comes with it or use your own if you have one I use my 9C with my XRB and it is great to get stick time with it will do anything a fixed pitch micro will do and will not break the bank on parts.The most expensive thing for it is the battery which is $60.00 the blades are $10.00 a box and you need a box of A blades and a box of B blades but it comes with four sets of each when you buy it and the batterys are LiPo's and come with a great little charger with a balance circuit built in.Heliproz's has it for $299.00 with free shipping and of course no Tax so it is only $299.00 a great buy.This is the link http://www4.mailordercentral.com/hel...?number=301907 I think it is just what you need for winter flying in the house.The only thing is that the radio that comes with it will not work with the Trex at all.[]