Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

A decent off-season indoor CCPM electric heli

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

A decent off-season indoor CCPM electric heli

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 07:53 PM
polygoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A decent off-season indoor CCPM electric heli

Hey guys,

Well i've finally gotten my caliber 30 setup and running great, and i'm really loving it! But due to the coming weather here, I cant see my self flying in 20 degree weather in snow (i'm on the east coast). so... I started looking for a decent micro electric heli that would be good for off-season, and maybe some indoor flying. I really want it to have CCPM, as i've had fixed pitch helis and cant say I like them.. I was wondering if I could get your guys' opinion on a good small electric heli, I found this one:

http://www.ehobbies.com/eflh1100.html

I am not familiar with eflight, are they any good? and considering its an RTF, how could this be so cheap? is the blade a good heli?

I dont necessarily want an RTF, but the blade just caught my eye due to how cheap it is.

I've heard pico's are really good helis, I was wondering where i can find them, i dont have many hobby stores near me, and all of them near me are all non-heli stores... i'd prefer to order online, whats a good online heli store?

Thanks alot, Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:36 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: A decent off-season indoor CCPM electric heli

I've had mostly good experiences with www.helihobby.com
they carry a huge variety of helicopters.

As for good micros, well, depends on what you want. If you've got the cash, go with a nice kit like the t-rex, X400, or shogun models. They'll be able to do anything your .30 sizer can and more with the proper setup.

If you're just looking for something to hover around and fiddle with over winter, you could probably go with a cheap Walkera kit and mess around with that, or go with a better brand like the e-flight blade or ikarus piccolo, etc.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:03 AM
polygoo

Thanks for the input, the more I read about the Blade, the more it makes it sound like a pretty darn good heli for the money...

I want to do some light aerobatics, maybe a little inverted flying. not much though... its really just to have fun and practice when i'm not flying my cal. due to cold weather.. I figure that if I get the blade with the aero. kit, its still cheaper.

Almost everyone i've read stuff from says the blade is a great heli, I think I might order one... it sounds like an amazing deal.

Thanks again.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:51 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Good job on getting the Cali up and running.

I know what you mean about the flying season, ours here in Florida doesn't start until Jan 1st but it runs all the way till late December
Old 09-03-2005, 12:32 PM
jumpinj

As a transplant FROM Fla. TO NY, let me say "Thanks" for reminding me how much better it was in good old Fla.

JC
Old 09-03-2005, 06:17 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: barracudahockey
I know what you mean about the flying season, ours here in Florida doesn't start until Jan 1st but it runs all the way till late December
Yeah, stinkin' southerners... always gotta rub our nose in the snow every now and then!

I made a TX Mitt so I can get my nitro heli fix in the winter (covers you hands and the radio). There's a few guys on the web that make them and sell them for us die-hards up north!

The T-Rex and Shogun 400 will be much more stable... the Blade is a handful, but it's about 1/2 the price. I doubt you'll want to fly any of these inside your house, though. I've hovered my Blade and my Shogun briefly in my house just to check my setup, but you really need a pretty large indoor area to fly very comfortably.

EDIT: I just remembered you asked for a CCPM heli... I assume you mean an eCCPM heli with a 120 degree swash (that's what most typically imply by CCPM)... only the new version of the T-Rex is CCPM... the Shogun and the previous versions of the T-Rex both use mechanical mixing...
Old 09-04-2005, 11:43 AM
polygoo

LOL barracudahockey Sounds like a very rough winter...!

well yeah I want an eCCPM, thats why the blade looked good to me, I think i'm gonna get the blade and see how it goes.

Thanks everyone for the input!