Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

securing the "4n1" to the frame w/o glue

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

securing the "4n1" to the frame w/o glue

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 05:48 PM
stockcp2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default securing the "4n1" to the frame w/o glue

I got the eSky HB CP2 and I assume my question would apply to the Blade CP and others with the same frame assembly setup. From the factory the "4n1" control box is attached to the frame using a double sided adhesive tape. The control box seems to stay seated on the horizontal peice of the frame, but it constantly wants to detach from the vertical peice. I went and bought some Scotch Exterior Mounting Tape rated super strong, but it doesn't seem to want to stay adhered to plastic for very long either. I'm asking for ideas that I haven't thought of because I do not want to use glue in case I may need to replace the frame or controller one day. Thanks in advance for any tips.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:45 PM
cruzmissile

Default RE: securing the "4n1" to the frame w/o glue

use zip ties, the small ones.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:28 AM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

I use 3M double sided pads, strong as crap, but it's a bit thicker than most other 2 sided tape and so can be a bit problematic if your gyro needs to feel more sensitivity than others.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:19 PM
stockcp2

tie wrap did the trick, I ran it front to back, over the controller and frame assembly. There's a nice little hole there next to base of the motor that allows for a overall snug fit.