Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Walkera #36

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 09:08 PM
floatyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walkera #36

Hi guys. I have owned a Honey Bee 2 for about 9 months. I was wanting another micro as an upgrade so i dont have to keep raplacing tail motors. Would the Walkera #36 be a slight upgrade over the HB2. Also wondering how long the standard Nimh battery would last with the heli in hover?

Also any suggestions on a Lipo and charger combination for the walkera. Also do the main motors last long, I am basically sick of replacing motors which you do on the HB.

thanks
Old 09-08-2005, 10:03 PM
hydravien

Default RE: Walkera #36

nimh battery will do nothing for you. if you have training gear on it may not lift off. if you liftoff it will last 2-8 mins. get a 1500mah+ lipo. the stock motors will last about 3-6 hrs (from what ive read (brushed)) dont worry they are only about 20$ each
Old 09-08-2005, 11:01 PM
floatyboy

Thats a bit **** with the stock battery! I thought RTF was RTF. My HB2 on just the basic NImh batterys were fine. That sound like a good run out of a brushed motor, i'm pleased with that. You must own one, how long would you get out of the Lipo for a fly (that you suggested).
Do you know what sort of gyro it comes with i.e heading hold.....(prob not heading hold)

Also what sort of charge period would you need to charge the lipo
Old 09-09-2005, 10:58 AM
thecheatscalc

ok I have a 36, it's a great bird but I'm convenced the battery (stock) is total crap I can't get off the ground yet [:@] and my li-poly is worthless for a while.

ok with that said NOTHING is RTF you must always set/fiddle with it a bit to make it work properly.
as for your hb2 it's a bit lighter than this bird so a same size battery would do just fine as it takes less to make it lift .

as for the li-poly, the charging times are usually 1-1.5 hours, the 2200mAh weighs 20g heavier that the stock ni-mh and the stock charger works fine as long as you keep a close eye out for battery heat (too hot to hold is the limit), swelling(before charging), cells below 3v (before charging)

PS: if it comes out of the box able to get off the ground no matter how high, unbalanced, and long it comes ready to fly.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:37 PM
floatyboy

Thanks for the info guys. I am now looking at a Lipo for sale.....Li Poly 11.1v 2200mAh 3 Cells Rechargeable Battery
Model Number: PB0011
Discharge Rate: 15C

Just curious though, what relevance is this 15c, I'm used to nicads and nimh and all i do charge them so they are just touch warm and they are done. There seems to be so much science surrounding these Lipos. I also have a jrx3810 tx, is it possible to use this on the walkera, is it just a crystal change?

thanks
Old 09-09-2005, 06:40 PM
thecheatscalc

the li-polys just seem so, siencey because it's relativly new technowledgy and most people aren't used to using them, I bet you misused your ni-mh batterys when you first got into using them.

the discharge rate is because lipolys come in different abilitys just as nimhs do. you wouln't want to try using your heli off of a 10 celled battery with 5mm diameter cells would you? the discharge would kill the battery. the same applys with lipolys. they have different mixes and widths for different discharge rates and capacitys.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:19 PM
floatyboy

Thanks for that. In regards to that Lipo i mentioned. ( i dont know the brand). Would you say that it would be a suitabl battery for my #36 soon to arrive?

Thanks again