Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Slow right turn on Trex 450XL CCPM??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Slow right turn on Trex 450XL CCPM??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 10:27 PM
nelsonlo1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow right turn on Trex 450XL CCPM??

Hey Guys,

I am still new to heli's and I am trying to hover steadily right now. Only have been doing it for about 8 times. My Trex 450XL CCPM is turning right really slow, but left really fast. I checked the rudder and it is pushing all the way to the left when I apply right rudder on my radio, but it is still very slow to turn right. Any suggestions?

-Nelson
Old 09-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Norrmannen

Default RE: Slow right turn on Trex 450XL CCPM??

Probably something is a bit off. Can you hover it without rudder/trim input and without it turning in rate? (Not HH)
What's your head speed?
Old 09-14-2005, 09:06 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the head speed is too low (too much pitch) then the tail will not have a whole lot of authority to overcome the torque of the main rotor.
Something to try is to reduce the pitch curve, so that you hover at higher head speed. This gives the tail more authority.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:03 PM
wisdom-seeker

In any case, a "clockwise" rotor system will not turn right as easily as left. This is because to turn right you must fight main rotor torque, and to turn left, you are aided by main rotor torque.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:18 PM
nelsonlo1

Thanks for you responses. What do you guys set your throttle percentages and pitch percentages to? I can't believe how hard it is to just hover!! I am trying to hover at 1 ft off the ground right now and it's flying all over the place. Without the ground effect at about 4 feet off the ground I can hover more steadily (meaning in a 10 ft radius!!). I can barely keep the heli in a 20 ft radius when I am 1 to 1 1/2 ft off the ground.

-Nelson
Old 09-14-2005, 11:31 PM
wisdom-seeker

You can research throttle and pitch curves using the search function either here or at www.runryder.com. Hovering is not easy, and it takes a lot of practice. Do you have a simulator? If not I recommend that you get one. If you crash there, it's a lot cheaper.