Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Dragonfly #4

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 11:41 PM
huyvu98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragonfly #4

I saw some video clips of other helis flying upside down. Can Dragonfly #4 do that? Does it need any upgrade to do that? Thanks.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:08 AM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Dragonfly #4

No, it can't.

The #4 is what is referred to as a "fixed pitch" helicopter, in otherwords, the main blades are molded into a certain shape much like a propeller, and they generate lift simply by altering the speed of the main motor. On a collective pitch helicopter, the main motor will run at the same speed constantly, and the blades will be flat. The blades will twist up and down to create more or less lift. When you do inverted flying, the blades go into negative angles to achieve reversed lift.

Judging by your post, you've never flown a helicopter before. That said, it'll be a LONG time before you can even attempt to fly inverted. Helicopters are not an easy hobby, they require alot of orientation skill and alot of quick reflexes that can only be learned by alot of practice, which, of course, takes time . There is no such thing as an RC helicopter that hovers by it's self

The #4 is a great helicopter to start on. It's more difficult to fly than most because of it's size, but it's extremely resiliant to crashes, and once you've learned to fly it, you can fly just about any helicopter out there, which is a nice feeling.
Oh, and I guess I don't need to state the obvious, but it's also one of the cheapest RTF models available.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:42 PM
4RCHELICOPTERSPAIN

The DragonFly 4 channels rc helicopter can not fly upside down, only the 6CH collective helicopter can do that.

You can check the flying videos of the rc helicopter from [link=http://www.linknety.com]this website[/link] (free)

ORIGINAL: huyvu98

I saw some video clips of other helis flying upside down. Can Dragonfly #4 do that? Does it need any upgrade to do that? Thanks.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Schwede

Bought a new Dragonfly #4 and have the following problem/question.
I have three batteries for it. Two original and one 7.4v 1800mah Li-Poly Battery.
I am new to this, so I don't want to take the helicopter too high, but I noticed that after about a minute of 'flight' it maxes out at about a foot of the ground at full throttle. It did this right from the box.. This happens with any of the batteries... I checked the remote to see if it delivers max signal. I adjusted the blades (no vibration) and flybars according to specs (+5degree). The motor is not too tight.. hrwatson68 mentioned to twist the blades.. could this be the problem?

Gunnar []
Old 10-09-2005, 12:48 PM
neweheliflyer

hrwatson68 mentioned to twist the blades
-- Yes, you need to twist main blades