Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

blade cp needs to be stabelized

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

blade cp needs to be stabelized

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 11:55 AM
jaymoore31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blade cp needs to be stabelized

I have a blade cp for about 4 days now. I have gotten it hover, but it just wants to spin in circles....like the rutter is messed up or something. Ive check the rudder, the main blade, and still nothing. Im getting good on hovering, but cant contol it in air due to the spinning.

Yes, Im a novice...but Im really having a great time with this. Its fun when I do get it going and its quite the challenge over all. Ive followed the manul for pre flight check ups also. So Im at a loss as what to do. Ive read the blade cp posts and found nothing like this exactly so far...Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. These forums have helped me greatly so far, and I thank you all for that!!

-jason
Old 09-17-2005, 12:20 PM
cruzmissile

Default RE: blade cp needs to be stabelized

Have you tried to adjust the gain on the 4-in-1 unit. There is a port for a small fat head screwdriver to go where you can adjust for the torquing of the tail motor. It's called the proportional mixing adjustment. It's next to the gain port.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:05 PM
chickenx5

I had this exact thing happen, when i take off it just spins than sreightens and it just spun all the time. You ned to bring it to the hobby shop like i did. They thought i was a retard becuase of all the adjustments i made on the gain an prop mixing
Old 09-17-2005, 01:26 PM
jaymoore31

Yeah...I think I might have to order one....a 4-1 unit that is. I think I totally messed it by messing with the mixing... I called the one local hobby shop, they dont have a guy that can look at it for me.....and I see that its 60 bucks for one.

So heres my next REALLY BAD AND ROOKIE QUESTION: How can I bring the proportional mixing adjustment back to normal....or tell if I have broke it for good?
Old 09-17-2005, 02:12 PM
thecheatscalc

ok before you do that you could have a tail motor problem, if you have an extra try using that to see if that's the problem. next make sure those slide adjusters on your Tx are centered. But wait what way is it spinning? if the tail is spinning to the right (tail towards you) then make sure the pitch on your rear blades are at 15-20 degrees and blowing to the right.

Ps: I have no clue what the propoper settings for the blade are as I don't have one just giving some general derctions.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:42 PM
jaymoore31

I think I have the 4 in 1 mixed good... Now when hover just a little bit, the copter tends to tilt (not turn) a little foward and to the right. So my quest to just hover straight up has been but on hold again.

About the tail motor thing....I have a spare now, but how do I know if I really need to replace it?

Also....am I being realistic that this micro heli is suppose to hover straight up?
Old 09-17-2005, 05:17 PM
chickenx5

anyways, don't buy one there is NOTHING wrong with the one you have. I had mine messed up and i tried every possible setting!!!!! Than i brought it in and they fixed it in 5 minutes so it could hover hands off. the blade cp is very difficult and unstable helicopter until you learn. DO NOT BUY ANOTHER 4-IN 1 !!!!!!!!!!!! it will be the same exact as the one you have
Old 09-17-2005, 05:18 PM
chickenx5

ORIGINAL: jaymoore31

I think I have the 4 in 1 mixed good... Now when hover just a little bit, the copter tends to tilt (not turn) a little foward and to the right. So my quest to just hover straight up has been but on hold again.

About the tail motor thing....I have a spare now, but how do I know if I really need to replace it?

Also....am I being realistic that this micro heli is suppose to hover straight up?
and for that just move the battery or adjust the trimming. But you can always fix it by moving the battery. Trimming isn't always enough
Old 09-18-2005, 04:19 PM
raslocum

Increasing the tail rotor proportional mixing, will cause the heli to yaw to the right more, decreasing it will cause less right yawing. You can use this in coordination with your rudder trim tabs to fine tune the heli. By the way, I've noticed on my blade, that I always have to readjust the rudder trim, even as battery power changes in flight, so get used to setting that. Adjusting the gain sets how sensitive the gyro is to any turning. If turned all the way up, the gyro is supposed to be the most stable, but it will cause wierd jerking in hover as it will resist any turning. I found if I back mine off just a little, it is much smoother. The jerking is highly noticeable in forward flight whey you try to maneuver the heli around. Turning it all the way down turns the gyro off, and in my opinion, this little heli is almost unflyable that way. I have noticed that only small adjustments are needed, and you have to reset the power each time you adjust something to get it to take affect. If your proportion is set to full, and you are having trouble keeping the heli from rotating due to torque, there is a strong possibility that your tail motor may be burning out. I went through my first tail rotor motor in only a handful of flights. I could have swore it was a 4 in 1 problem, but we tried the motor first, and it fixed the problem. The good new is that it is less than 10 bucks. I immediately put the optional heat sink on both my motors after replacing, and have had no further problems, even w/ running a 1,000 ma. battery.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:24 PM
Rennster

OK...I was just getting the BLADE to hover than today when I lift ff the thing just spins to the right. I think the motor is going but not sure. Trim is almost maxed and yesterday before my pack ran out of juice I had to put in a lot of right rudder. WHen it is on the ground it is stable but when I lift off the Blade spins counterclockwise. I am guessing it is the motor. I am hoping it is NOT THe 4-1....[&o]
Old 09-20-2005, 02:59 PM
thecheatscalc

no, no, it's not the 4 in one, if it was you'ld see smoke coming out of it, or the insides would smell like fried electronics. if it spins to the right this is most definatly the rotors fault. on my 36 this would be caused by a stripped belt gear, yours doesn't have that so it's the tail motor. get a new one and your problem should be fixed. (can you get brushless for the tail? if so that's the way to go.)
Old 09-20-2005, 08:40 PM
barndoorski

Read the long thead on the Blade CP. Mine is awsome and I have never flowen, or driven, any rc stuff before. Read every thread here FIRST! You will be hovering in 30 minutes or so I would say, and be able to recognize bproblems that are due to inbalance or other setup problems. Just my .02 but cheaper than most parts
Old 09-20-2005, 09:36 PM
jaymoore31

Hey, Id like to thank everyone who posted suggestions for my blade cp problem. I found a guy at my lhs who shows up once a week just for rc heli repair/help.

It took him an hour, but he nailed it. My blade cp had that washer problem and many other crashed/novice induced problems....sorry for lack of detail...Im a novice. Anyway he showed me all the problems and how to fix them....had my blade cp hoverin stable 5 ft in no time. His name is Craig at Riders Hobby Store, 28th street Grand Rapids MI. This guy is a pro, really took the time to explain everything and did not make me feel like an idiot. Im so geeked now because thanks to this guy, I have a rough concept of flying helis' and new enouragement to keep trying. I gotta admit, Ive crashed this thing a ton and was kinda bumed about....thinking "oh my god...Ive spent tons on this hobby that I know nothing about".

To any other fellow novice with the blade cp: Read the manual front to back and find a local expert like I did. I wish I only did earlier...I would of saved 80 dollars and lots of wasted time.