Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Great Beginner Indoor Heli

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Great Beginner Indoor Heli

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 05:39 PM
hardrivn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Beginner Indoor Heli

OK, so I started to get into this hobby and bought a Colco Cyclone and managed to crash it within less than 5 hours (including chraging time) Doh! I have since ordered replacement parts and am in the process of fixing it so that I can sell that off on E-Bay

So I decided I would start with something easier and then I found the "Winner" counter rotating dual blade helicopter. This thing is Great!!!! it is cheaply made and a breeze will send it off course but it works great indoors just not great outdoors.
It charges up in 20 minutes and flys for about 7-10 min (if you let it rest you can get a couple of minutes out of it). There are other cheaper models that are essentially the same except for one Major Issue, replacement blades are not available (I originally bought the sky shadow and managed to break a blade when I flew it into my ceiling fan blade, it was not on at the time but the spinning of the helicopter blades still broke it) I tried to order a replacement blade thinking the Winner Blades (the only ones available) were the same, it turns out that the Winner blades are different from the sky shadow's so I just ordered a Winner and now I have a spare blade remaining

I can fly it across the room and land on a magazine on top of my coffee table. If you get it close to a wall, it will start to be sucked towards it as well but besides that this thing is easy as heck to fly and takes a beating (just not a ceiling fan blade), as I have managed to crash it from about 20 feet up.

I liked the thing so much I decided to order 4 more as gifts from hobbytron.com but before I placed my order I saw the whole sale price for 8 of them and decided I would pick up an 8 pack and resell them at my cost (after shipping) to others who might be interested (first 4 as I do not want to make money and PayPal and verified addresses only)

So I paid approximately $34.00 Each after shipping of my order and I am willing to sell 4 of them off at that price +$10 shipping to your door. Essentially $44.00 gets you one of these for $11 less than what Hobbytron charges for it. I am not looking to make money on this I am just trying to save some money by buying in bulk and then passing on the savings. If you are interested then email me at [email protected] Even if you are not interested in buying it from me (I can always dump them on E-Bay), I would highly recommend this thing for anyone who lacks the patience to take on a real RC helicopter. I am going to create a video with my Digital camera showing me fly the thing in my great room (20 ft ceiling with a pair of beams to fly over top and underneath of). If I can keep the file small enough I will email it to you if you are interested in the video. Regardless my point is for the beginner, this thing is absolutely Great!
Old 09-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Great Beginner Indoor Heli

If I were you I would modify your post it is a violation of RCU rules to sell in the forums if a moderator see that he will remove it.Just a heads up!
Old 09-20-2005, 01:13 PM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Post it in the ad section and along with some pictures... nobody will buy it if they don't know what the heck it is!
Old 11-22-2005, 10:28 AM
vrk11

I just odrered a sky shadow form Hobbytron. I hope it flies well (It has not arrived yet)
Is there any cool way to modify it ?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:10 PM
neweheliflyer

For beginners, the esky lama 2 is good to start - easy to fly ([link=http://www.linknety.com/modevideos/demo/zoom.php?id=14]flying movie of the esky lama[/link])

The Blade CX is also a good choice. If you have enough budget, then go for the Hirobo.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:17 PM
burt gummers

if you are able to spend a little extra $$$ you should look at the hirobo XRB wireless llama. very stable indoor or outdoor on days with little or no wind.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:38 PM
vrk11

My Sky Shadow is doing great.
It just needs some trimming.
I managed to fly it into a wall, and one of the blade mounts broke.
An easy way to fix this is to find some thick gauge wire, strip some insulation off,
put some glue in the insulation tube, and put the two broken parts in the insulation.
So far, this fix worked great.