Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Shogun Tail Rotor Pin - Help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Shogun Tail Rotor Pin - Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Ron Landram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shogun Tail Rotor Pin - Help

Like so many others I am new to helo's. I am a long time fixed wing flier but wanted to try rotory wing.

I bought a Shogun to learn on and have it set up pretty close (I think). Problem is that the pin on the collar on the tail rotor pitch control comes out the second you spool up.

I have tried every possible combination of adjustment, including radio, moving the servo on the boom and adjusting the link. No difference. Sometimes the pin stays in and the collar comes off the rotor adjustment assembly, to which I snap it back on.

It seems like the rotor is too far out on the shaft, but I can see no way to move it.

Any help or advice would be very appreciated.

Ron []

www.ezmoneyracing.com
Old 10-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Ron Landram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Shogun Tail Rotor Pin - Help

After tinkering with it all afternoon, I figured it out.

For those who might have the same problem: I noticed that the tail rotor shaft did not go all the way through the back (left side) bearing so it was way too far to the right which caused the linkage to bind up and pop out the pin. The plastic belt gear drum had some "stuff" in the shaft hole that was causing the problem. A small drill bit cured that.

Then I was plagued with constant spin around to the left everytime I tried to lift off. That was finally cured by turning the gyro gain all the way up.

Fixed wing is much easier but this is a real challange for sure.