Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Tornado

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado

Well, I've seen ads for this little thing a lot of places, so I finally checked it out.

http://ohiomodelplanes.com/tornado/

It looks like a great beginner package; a lot of flexible stuff. And the price is right too. But, looks can be deceiving. Would this be a good way to start with none co-axial heli? Or would it be better to just get the Blade CP?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:04 AM

Default RE: Tornado

Would this be a good way to start with none co-axial heli? Or would it be better to just get the Blade CP?
Personally I would go with the Blade CP, it is a collective pitch heli, the Tornado is a fixed pitch heli.
My opinion, fixed pitch helis are junk, you are very limited to what you can do with them and they are harder to control and fly.
The biggest thing to remember when buying a helicopter, you get what you pay for. You buy a cheap helicopter, that's what your getting, "a cheap helicopter". Their are lots of junk micro clone helicopters out there, and that's what they are "JUNK". The Blade CP has proven itself, a lot of people have them and 99% of the people that have them like them (from what I have read). I know a guy that has one and he loves it.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:42 PM

Default RE: Tornado

Yea, thats what I thought. I can get 40 bucks off one so I will probably gettting one in the near future.