Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Beginner Critical Questions.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Beginner Critical Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 02:45 AM
johnny_gr2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner Critical Questions.

I would like to ask you to give me some information please.

1. What adjustments must someone do to his helicopter. What he must check to see if the controls are ok?
2. Can i change the collective pitch during flight without open or close the throttle?
3. How can i see without pitch gauge that the collective is ok?
4. I have a futaba 9CAP. What is the meaning of TH-CV/NOR , PI-CV/NOR , REVO/NOR , THR-CUT When we use them?

Please answer me because it is very difficult here to find an instructor.
Helicopter is a Honey Bee Cool.
Thank you for your time.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:32 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Beginner Critical Questions.

I am not familiar with the Honey Bee Cool helicopter. Is it Fixed or Collective pitch? Does it use an all-in-one mixing board?

You should read the Electric Heli Beginners Guide. It answers many of the beginner questions.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342744

Vince
Old 01-05-2006, 07:52 PM
tippy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beginner Critical Questions.

johnny_gr2001 :
1. What adjustments must someone do to his helicopter. What he must check to see if the controls are ok?
2. Can i change the collective pitch during flight without open or close the throttle?
3. How can i see without pitch gauge that the collective is ok?
4. I have a futaba 9CAP. What is the meaning of TH-CV/NOR , PI-CV/NOR , REVO/NOR , THR-CUT When we use them?
(2) change? If by change you mean "control"(ie moving the collective stick up and down), then the answer is yes. I requires you to be in THROTTLE HOLD mode. Throttle Hold mode allows you to practice autorotations which requires the engine to be at an RPM lower than where the clutch engages. This requires the throttle to held near idle while you still have complete control over the blade pitch.

If by change you mean alter your pitch curve then NO or mostly no. Usually one of the knobs on the TX is programmed to adjust hover pitch but is only active when the stick is at hover. Other than that, in order to "change" your pitch, you have to go into your pitch curve(s) and tweek them. This really can't be done during flight.

(3) Define OK. Moving in the right direction for the mode your are in? Yes. To determine precisely what the pitch is of the rotor blade? NO.

(4) TH-CV/NOR = Throttle Curve, Normal Mode. PI-CV/NOR = Pitch Curve, Normal Mode. REVO/NOR = Throttle Stick to Rudder Offset, Normal mode. THR-CUT = Throttle Cut.

TH-CV (normal), PI-CV (normal), REVO (normal) are settings that the TX uses while in NORMAL. NORMAL mode is the mode you will use to start off in. The other modes are considered advanced modes: IDLEUP1, IDLEUP2, THROTTLE HOLD. Each mode has it's own set of curves and mixes.

Throttle Cut a throttle offset which allows you to shut off the engine by closing off the carb. Notice it is not assigned a "mode".

All this may or may not apply to you but there it is.

Good Luck,
d.tipton