Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

CONSTANT YAW PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 10:39 AM
adwb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CONSTANT YAW PROBLEM

Hi guys , i have just bought , well yesterday, a twister bell 47 to see how I got on with what is by reputation the hardest flying going.

well, all is OK and I can even after 3 battery charges get the beast to travel straight away and back to me on a ground slide run.

I have got the trims set to counter an inclination to reverse and crab to starboard, but there is I think something wrong with the yaw settings as even with the slider fully to the right, if you don't hold the throttle/yaw stick full over to the right then on power up my heli twists to port.
bearing in mind this is a fake machine with no running tail rotor and counter rotation blades; any ideas what is wrong? is it me? or have I a duff heli that has to o back to the shop?
regards
alistair
Old 01-29-2006, 11:44 AM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CONSTANT YAW PROBLEM

I can't say for sure, because I have not seen that particular model, but other counter rotating blades (XRB) models have a potentiometer (pot) on the onboard electronics that adjust this. Do the instructions mention anything about using a small screwdriver to adjust the onboard mixes?
Vince
Old 01-29-2006, 11:53 AM
adwb

Hi Vince yes there is, the book says not required to adjust, but I have just tried it and turning it from one end of it's range to the other has no effect.
regards
alistair
Old 01-29-2006, 04:29 PM
rednekk58

"....but I have just tried it and turning it from one end of it's range to the other has no effect."
On the Blade CP you have to disconnect the power and then power up after the adjustment.
My $.02 worth.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Butuz

Yep. Unplug the battery. Then adjust the "Gain" pot to about 80-90% then adjust the "Proprtion" pot and when you blug back in and try to take off you will see a huge difference in how the heli behaves.

I did the exact same thing - adjusting the "proportion" pot with the battery plugged in and it makes no difference, the gyro only picks up the change in the POT when you first plug it in while the LED is flashing.

Butuz
Old 01-30-2006, 04:52 PM
adwb

Thanks guys, that has sorted the problem, now to get to fly is another thing!!
best regards from Merry England
Alistair