Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Help with Honeybee CP2, Pleeeeaaaseee!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Help with Honeybee CP2, Pleeeeaaaseee!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 03:03 PM
rmartine7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Honeybee CP2, Pleeeeaaaseee!

[&o] Hello,

I need you valuable help with my honeybee CP2. I got it this past december and after a month I have not been able to even get the blades to spin. I have read and read the manual with no luck. This is my first heli....

This is the problem:

No matter what I do when I connect the battery to the CP2, I get a red and green simultaneously blinking, I always turn on the transmitter first. Tried several thing I read on this forum with no luck. I see that somebody else had this same problem but he returned it to the seller. My problem is that I bought it on ebay and the seller will not help me at all. All he says is "Your heli was tested before shipping".

If any CP2 owner had solve this problem please help me...

I will upload a picture of my remote for your valuable review.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46979.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	398528  
Old 01-30-2006, 04:12 PM
DEFLYER22

Default RE: Help with Honeybee CP2, Pleeeeaaaseee!

You need to lower the throttle all the way down to the bottom, also, on the top of your transmitter, there are 2 silver switches, you need to flip them both to the back direction (very important).

[link=http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/Walkera-DragonFly-Support-Trans.html]You can follow these steps and check if that solve your problem[/link]

If you start that properly, you will see a solid green light on the mainboard and the helicopter is ready to fly by then. Hope this help
Old 01-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Motions

Also make sure the throttle TRIM is all the way down.

After a month of searching for answers, I'm sure you have tried these things though.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:54 AM
rmartine7

Hey Thanks for your replies...

[&o] I tried with the silver switches set to OFF ( to the back) also the trim for the throttle all the way down and also the throttle all the way down. But still the red and green led's are blinking and the heli does not do anything when I move the remote.
The servo reverser switches are set: AIL to Normal, ELE to Reverse, THR to normal, and RUD to reverse. Also tried changing this settings in every possible combination and with no results...

Any other suggestions??? could the RF module of the transmitter be bad???

Thanks...
Old 02-01-2006, 09:22 AM
FredFerret

Did you buy this from deeteeenterprises by any chance?

I bought one from there and had nothing but trouble with it and they made it quite clear they didnt want to help.

Ended up buying a new one!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 12:29 PM
rmartine7

No, Bought it at ebay with TOYSONICS... Beware....[&:]
Old 02-01-2006, 01:18 PM
cyphonus

may be a long shot... but have you checked the transmitter/reciever crystal to see if theyre fitted properly? oh, and check that the frequencies match up (should be written on a sticker).
Other than that I can only think that the 4 in 1 is buggered. []

Old 02-03-2006, 05:06 AM
FredFerret

hope the 4-1 aint buggered,, prob the most expensive thing innit?
Old 02-03-2006, 12:40 PM
rmartine7

Thanks for your comments...
Crystals are correct, one TX and one RX with the same frequency.
I don't know what else I can do. I am gonna have to buy either a new transmitter or a new 4 in 1 to test if one of this is faulty.
But I can't buy both at the same time $$$[&o].

Is it more likely the 4 in 1 is buggered??? or the transmitter RF module is bad???

Thanks
Old 02-03-2006, 03:38 PM
OttoNP

Are you waiting with the throttle and trim down for the green light to stop flashing? The process should be:

turn on transmitter with throttle and throttle trim all the way down
plug in receiver
blinking red led
blinking green led
solid green led indication gyro initialization success
then fly

don't move any sticks until you get solid green led...

If it never gets past blinking green led, its probably the 4 in 1, if it doesn't get past the blinking red led, then it could be transmitter or receiver. The red will only go out if it receives the transmitter's signal that throttle and throttle trim are down. If you just plug in receiver without turning on transmitter the red led shouldn't go out.

good luck!
Old 02-03-2006, 06:39 PM
manu2005

mmm, is your battery fully charged? All I can think off. Did you tell the seller about this problem?
Old 02-04-2006, 12:27 AM
rmartine7

I appreciate your help, very much.

This is what I do.

Throttle and it's trim all the way down
Turn on the transmitter (Displays 11.6V)
Plug in the battery to the "4 in 1"
I get 3 blinks from the red led
The I get 1 blink from the green led
After this one red and on green simultaneosly.
I never get a solid green...

I discharged the battery, then recharge it again. Still same results...[&o]
Old 02-07-2006, 11:43 AM
rmartine7

Hey Guys,

This is what E-Sky Responded:

Thank you very much for your e-mail and interesting in our products.
Please accord the following step to check with your helicopter.

1. power on your transmitter at first.
2. to make sure that your TX/RX crystal has plug tightly with TX and RX.
3. please locate the “IDEL UP†3D switch on the normal position.
4. put the trim of throttle in the bottom.
5. then connect your helicopter battery make a try to fly.

Should I try to buy new Crystals???

Old 02-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Motions

I would see if they will replace the crystal first. Should be under warranty.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:18 PM
NateSD

This is a long shot, but try putting the thorottle and trim all the way to the top. Thinking you may have your TX reversed. Again, this is just a thought. Sounds like you have nothing to lose at this point. Let us know what happens..... Same light sequence or not.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:14 PM
rmartine7

I believe the crystals have no polarity, right???
But I am trying everything I can, so I'll give it a try as soon as I get home.

If not I am going to buy the 4 in 1 receiver, it's around 25 dollars on ebay. I don't think that the gyro control is bad Right??? If it is a communication problem between the transmitter or the receiver, then the problem must lie between them. Right???

I really appreciate your comments, my wife reminds me everyday "Why did you buy that piece of junk?" all I can answer is that soon it will fly, very soon.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:38 PM
push rodz
My Feedback: (5)

Sounds like everyone has hit the high lights on what it could be. That sux! But don't give up on the heli because when you do get it going you will like it allot. Mine has not given me a minute of problem and is an excellent heli for starting out. Good luck!
Old 02-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Shortymet55

look in the manual for trobbleshooting. Then, if you get nothing, look into the section on the 4-in-1. I believe if i remeber right, it tells you what they different blinking lights mean, so it might be a specific error for green, red, green, red.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:11 PM
rickstick

Sounds stupid but sometimes when I power mine up the same thing has happened.I found that if my tx antenna is up my problem was solved. TRY IT.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:31 PM
rmartine7

I will give it a try, when I get home....

I'll try everything man

Thanks
Old 02-23-2006, 06:50 PM
gd12

Maybe my story has some helpful information for you.

I received an Esky Honey Bee CP2 as a gift. When I attempted to test the functions of this "factory tested -n ready to fly" heli I experienced the problem where the LED on the receiver/mixer remained red, never going green and the servos growled. I also found that the Nick function did nothing on my simulator. It required much convincing, but the vendor finally replaced the heli/transmitter set.

When I received the replacement and attempted to test the functions, again the LED would not go Green, but the servos did not growl and the transmitter was fully functional on the simulator. I proceeded to troubleshoot and encountered the following symptoms.

I found a post in a forum that suggested moving the THRottle servo reverse switch to the REV position (even though the Esky manual warns against this). The solid red LED went solid green when I placed the THRottle servo switch in REVerse.

In both the "red" and "green" conditions the Nick and Roll functions worked. In the "red" condition the Pitch functioned but neither the main rotor nor the tail rotor motors turned on. In the "green" condition the main rotor and tail rotor motors ran and the Tail control functioned, but the pitch never changed, I could run the motor to full speed and there was no lift.

I have apparently solved the "either pitch or motor but not both" problem. While doing some research into possibly purchasing a replacement receiver because I very strongly suspected the problem to be there, I carefully inspected the receiver on the "factory tested - ready to fly" heli to gather all of the identifying names and numbers. I noticed that the three servos were plugged in to channels 1,2 & 6; at least based on the labeling which is a bit confusing because it is labeled 1,2,3,4,5,6,&B and yet there are only five sets of pins for the seven positions. Upon checking the manual and learning that the servos are to be plugged into channels 1,2 & 5, I moved the plug from ch6 to ch5. With the THRottle servo reverse switch in NORmal there was no change in the symptoms. When I moved the THRottle servo reverse switch to REVerse the LED went solid green and the heli has some lift. Having spent only a couple of hours on the simulator, I wasn't about to see if I could get the heli to rise a few inches even though I have the training gear installed on the landing skids.

So much for "factory tested and ready to fly." I am still pursuing the vendor and the manufacturer about the REVerse issue, as the manual is very clear that all of the servo reverse switches must be down [in the normal position].

The vendor, upon my request to avoid another exchange of the set by them sending me a know good receiver to determine if therein lies the problem, replied, "Because it was an exchange helicopter and we did not want more problems, we have tested before the shipment. Esky products have good quality as well. We cannot replace the receiver any more especially that you even cannot make sure where the problem lies. If you need it, you can order it."

Now for the illogical. After finding the servo connection "error" I was looking for other details in the manual that came with the replacement heli. Then I looked at the manual that came with the first heli (I secured an electronic copy because I thought it was different - it is) and discovered that that manual instructs the user to plug the third servo into channel 6. One manual says channel 5, the other manual says channel 6, yet both manuals claim to be for the ESKY Honey Bee CP2 Helicopter EK1H-E005.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:07 PM
rmartine7

Wow, I need to re check that this evening.
Thanks a lot for your info gd12, I really appreciate it.

Just in case, I ordered a new 4 in 1 receiver for this heli. Let you know any results.... The Heli cannot Win!!!! it must fly!

Thanks