Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

XRB or Horsefly

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 06:49 AM
glock0118

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XRB or Horsefly

Wow I have never have expected to see so much positive feedback about a Megatech product. Had the Housefly for my first RC experience and it was a piece of $%&* and a nightmare. I was thinking about getting the Lama XRB until I saw all of these posts on the Horsefly; still a little bit leery.
Any recommendations or advice would be appreciated.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:12 PM
cvnhank

Default RE: XRB or Horsefly

glock0118,
I have both the XRB and the Horsefly. I like the XRB more. The XRB is more durable, stable, and the parts are much less expensive. I don't even fly my Horsefly much. A minor crash cracked my carbon fiber shaft. I did this twice. The only advantage with the Horsefly over the XRB is that it is heavier. This is a good thing for outdoor flying. Good Flying. Hank
Old 02-05-2006, 01:22 PM
glock0118

thanks for the info Hank..take care
Old 02-13-2006, 03:29 PM
pompedo

Hey! I just found an awesome link on ebay for the outer shaft you are talking about. ONLY $10.99 for the Horsefly outer shaft! I got mine today and its the exact same shaft. In fact, Im sure Im just daydreaming but the chopper seems to fly more stable now.

check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT
Old 02-13-2006, 07:02 PM
gumundermyshoe

I got my last shaft from there too! The price cant be beat.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Sportflyr
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

I've owned the XRB for about a year and a half and haven't had to do a thing
but change the stuff that breaks under a noob's control like canopy, tail boom and
of course...rotor blades!

All you really need to do to compare an XRB and Horsefly is to look at what you don't
get on an HF like coreless motors, Li-Po battery and charger and a proprietary design
that is built to last.

I fly planes but wanted something I could fly indoors and not since the Mattel Verdi-Bird of the
mid to late '70s have I had this much fun flying a copter. [C'mon, somebody here has to remember
the Verdi-Bird!!]

My little buddy has been through the shredder with crashing in small confined areas even
withstood being smacked by a ceiling fan during some "turbulence practice"

The only real problem I'm having now is with the charger giving me the blinking yellow (error) light.
This might be the charger or the battery, but it runs great if you babysit the battery and just
reset it a few times.

The inner workings of this heli is top notch, it's just a question of do you want to pay now
or later.

Here's a couple of pics, as you can see I'm on my 4th tail boom, 3rd canopy, 3rd set landing skids, little niceties
like the scale looking turbine exhaust and damper struts are long forgotten and still it flies great.

'A crashin you will do so why not have something that lasts?

Oh yeah, that's a canopy off of a Llama 2, LHS ran out of SR parts so I just modified it a little and it fits fine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79113.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	426100   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54218.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	426101   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk18247.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	426102  
Old 03-14-2006, 11:17 PM
rmbler

The XRB is an awesome heli to learn on way more stable than the BCX made much better can't say about the horse fly as i don't won one but the XRB is so stable that it will fly with no tail boom or canopy looks cool as well just a little box flying around i have heard that the prices came way down on them. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Phil.