Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

HELP WITH BLADE CX YAW

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

HELP WITH BLADE CX YAW

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 04:51 PM
plkoegler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP WITH BLADE CX YAW

Hello All,

I recently purchased the E-Flite Blade CX and began flying it last night. Even with the yaw trim all the way to the right and the pot switch on the 4-1 controller turned completely clockwise, the helicopter still has a tendency to turn to the left (counterclockwise yaw about the shaft axis). Does anyone know how else to fix this?

Thanks,
Patrick
Old 02-01-2006, 05:39 PM
rmbler

Default RE: HELP WITH BLADE CX YAW

Hi Patrick i had the same problem as many others did i put the heat sink on the heli and it took care of most of the problem for $4.00 or so its an easy fix.
Regards,
Phil.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:43 PM
plkoegler

I also tried installing the heat sink and still have the same problem. Any other ideas before I contact Horizon Hobby for warranty?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Rodono

Hi Patrick;

This is a known problem with the BCX.

At least one cause of the trouble is overheating of the 4in1 board.
Most have found that the solution is to either create some vent holes in the 4in1 casing or to even remove it completely.
I removed my case and secured the 4in1 PC board to its mount with a small piece of double-sided foam tape (the same as what came with the BCX) and a cable tie. It also is important to open up some venting at the top of the canopy and at the bottom of the canopy. You might find some photographs of this on the various RC helicopter forums on the Internet.

Rod