Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

What advice can i get for a newbie

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

What advice can i get for a newbie

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Dan Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What advice can i get for a newbie

I am totally new at this hobby and I just ordered a Walkera 22d. Can anyone give me some advice on this chopper and what I should do as soon as I get it in the mail Thanks dan newbie
Old 02-02-2006, 04:42 PM
derek533

Default RE: What advice can i get for a newbie

Okay, first thing, don't open the box when you receive it. Just put it in a closet for a little while. Second, get a simulator (G2, G3, Reflex, Aerofly, etc) and practice like crazy. When you can fly the simulator proficiently, open the box, take you heli out and look over all the parts, and make sure everything is nice and tight. Then, log onto the internet and go to http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

This website is Radd's school of rotary flight. It will give you step by step instructions on how to properly learn to fly your chopper.

Last but not least, enjoy your helicopter and welcome to your new addiction.

I promise that if you get a simulator and use Radd's methods, you won't have any problems learning to fly the thing. In fact, as soon as you have made your first successful hover, you will be hooked and will be looking at bigger and better helis.

Good luck
Old 02-02-2006, 05:39 PM
zacko

Here is some advice.......... Don't buy a 22d. Just kidding

I have heard some bad things about walkera products though. Personally no experience them.

Good luck and welcome to the addiction!
Old 02-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Butuz

Personally. I believe that you don't need a simulator to Follow and Complete RADD's school. All you need is a real helicopter, no pixels.

He inherantly teaches you discipline and skill. If you ignore certain parts of his flight school, you willl fail. If you stick to it to the letter (if you are patient enough, i KNOW for fact i am not) you will succeed.

Why not give it a go? Its free after all, all it takes is commitment and some time.

Butuz
Old 02-02-2006, 07:22 PM
VinceHerman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Radds is great.
Also very helpful is the [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439631]Electric Helicopter Beginner's Guide (EHBG)[/link]
Old 02-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Dan Newbie

Thanks for all your help people and I will do just that.......practice on the sim before I even open the box. Well....I might have to open it because the excitement will kill me. LOL I will keep you all informed as to my progres
Old 02-02-2006, 10:46 PM
chickenx5

i would just fly it, i started on a electric before i got a sim, the sim has helped greatly but you will still be able to fly without one, just make sure you get wide training gear