Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
good
83.33%
bad
16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

aluminum on a micro

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 09:34 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aluminum on a micro

Is aluminum on......in newb turns "on the rotors those parts all underneath them" a good or bad thing on a micro?
Old 02-08-2006, 05:10 PM
opjose

Default RE: aluminum on a micro

It depends upon whether you are a crash prone newbie or not.

If you are just starting out and learning, it's a complete WASTE of money, as you'll be replacing more expensive parts very quickly.

If you are fairly proficiient, then the Aluminum/Carbon/Titanium parts set will result in much better and smoother movement.

Of course usually by the time you get to this point you are ready to upgrade to a better heli anyway, and thus are better off purchasing a more expensive all CNC/Carbon/Titanium bird after you sell your plastic trainer.

Plastic parts "give" a bit during a crash, which normally means that fewer are broken.

Aluminum will crack, pull, or yank out of sockets, etc. during a hard crash resulting in more costly repairs for the newbies.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:13 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

Default RE: aluminum on a micro

Ya, i don't think i'm getting a heli anymore anyways. I was going with the global evoflight or the night ranger 2, but from what i hear, you can't do anything besides flybys and sme unstable hovering, and i'm not willing to spend over 200 for a heli. Is the hummingbird v3 a 3d heli?