Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

rate and gyro adjustment

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

rate and gyro adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 10:18 PM
shotdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rate and gyro adjustment

Can anyone tell me what effect the rate adjustment and gyro adjustment has on my venom outback rescue the more I turn them to the + side? I'm a little confused as to what they do exactly.Thanks. [sm=confused.gif]
Old 02-09-2006, 08:10 PM
littlebuick8

Default RE: rate and gyro adjustment

the rate adj is the pitch of the main rotor blades - = less pitch += more pitch if the blades were flat meaning - the heli wouldnt get of the ground if the blade is pitched like a celling fan it will push the air and lift the heli. pos will increase the rate in how much quicker the heli will leave the ground. the gyro works to propell the helli front ,back ,left ,right -= less pull+=more pull. the gyro does exactly what it sounds like. KEEP IN MIND I DO NOT OWN A HELLI ! AND PROBABLY DONT KNOW WHAT I JUST SAID!!!![sm=confused.gif] SO YOU SHOULD LET SOMEONE THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING EXPLAIN BETTER! hope this helps lol lol
Old 02-09-2006, 09:31 PM
sportygreg
My Feedback: (2)

Since the Outback is a coaxial the adjustments are probably the same as my Walkera 5-4.The rate is for more servo travel[roll+pitch] the gyro is to correct tail spinning.If you increase the rate the heli will be more maneuverable but also increase the risk of blade strikes.You don't need to increase gyro sensitivity unless you can't stop tail spin using trim slider.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:36 PM
littlebuick8

good thing[sm=drowning.gif][sm=bananahead.gif] you didnt listen to me
Old 02-09-2006, 09:50 PM
shotdown

So,if I set my rate adjustment to say 75% and gyro just as needed,I should get better control(after proper trimming). And of course getting my fingers to respond to my brain quicker! Thanks for the info!
Old 02-09-2006, 10:19 PM
shotdown

Well,what your saying makes allot of sense(and you are a fart smella). I guess it's going to be a trial and error learning experience! [sm=eek.gif]