Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

help with os engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 06:11 PM
rvmach50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with os engine

Thanks to all that have helped so far!!!!!

I have a problem with my os37 in my hawk pro . I set the needles to were the manufacture said and I have good topend but it stumbles at the start. It idles good but if I give it throttle almost to half stick it starts to bog down . I'm not shure if it is my throttle curve or a carb setting.
When I first setup my heli a guy that said he was a pilot for years helped me . but I couldn't get a stable hover, so I read and read and saw that my pitch was to high for the head speeds at hover now I have a good 1600 to1700 rpm at hover . it hovers great at just above half about 5.5 pitch. I know this is hard to fix over a computer but so far most all help has put in the right derection.

set throttle at 15 35 55 75 100
pitch at -1 3 5.5 7.5

thank Jerry
Old 02-20-2006, 06:32 PM
sceadu37

Default RE: help with os engine

sometimes, the factory settings will be too rich to do squat...

if its was bogging i would lean it off a bit and see
Old 02-21-2006, 10:38 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Try leaning your low speed needle just a hair at a time. The book settings are just starting points.

http://www.raptortechnique.com has a great section on beginner and advanced engine tuning that applies to most models.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:38 PM
tanasit

One more thing to check, remove the air filter and see when the throttle stick is at mid point or around 50% setting, does the carb open about half way too. And at full open stick, you should see a full round open without the linkage bend. Without this inspection, you throttle setting at 15 35 55 75 100 may not mean much.

leaning your low speed needle just a hair at a time is the best advice.