Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Need a first helicopter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
E-Flite Blade CX
100.00%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Need a first helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 05:52 PM
CXela22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need a first helicopter

ORIGINAL: PaveLow58

CXela22,

OK.. I'll give you a break.
Sorry...
ORIGINAL: PaveLow58

I found the threads here very informative on the Blade CX, Blade CP (and now the T-rex) and actually answered all my questions. But I had to print everything out and spend time just reading it under a tree on my lunch breaks.
Now I am starting to page-by-page read it and seek hobby shop expert's advise.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:54 PM
CXela22

ORIGINAL: helicopters

what would be your thoughts on a walkera dragonfly 4.
If its that Micro one, DUH no.
If its not, I donno.
And start a new thread, then you can get more people to see your question. Thats what I do.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:48 PM
PaveLow58

No worries... the wife has been keeping me busy so I've not had much time to fly the models.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:14 PM
WER
My Feedback: (1)

I have just spent the last four weeks learning how to fly the Walkera DF5 version 4. It is a great training helicopter. I learned in a 8ft by 8ft space. Had some major incidents but it is one tough little bird. You can also pick one up for under $100.00. Then when you move on to a more advanced chopper you can still use it for flying around the house etc. Repairs are straight forward and good for learning how these things go together. Stay away from the version 2. If you buy the DF5, make sure it is a version 4 with the seperate servos. If you want something a little more challenging go with the DF4. You can pick one of these up for less than $100.00 also. There is a 150 page thread on it in the forums with tons of helpful information, and you can go crazy moding the thing. You don't get top of the line electronics, but your getting a full system for less than 100 bucks. If you read the thread (took me three weeks) you can avoid the major problems. I have not flown mine yet but the DF4 pilots seem to love their litte chopper.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:55 PM
mcdaniel

Well ,I learning in my two DF#4, one spare off course, and my personal opinion is that heli is not so bad. yes it is sometime instable and uncontrol heli but you develop some skill to be prepare for next step helis. Next week I will be start fly 22e heli, I will tell you .I thing it will be good experience for me.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:11 PM
phillipmorris

I'm brand new to the Helis, just purchased the Blade CX, learning period and nipped two sets of blades, waiting for the lower set, leaned over on the grass and popped a lower blade, couldn't believe it, anyway did order the Lama 3 as good reviews on this one, ...

Lama was amazing, is abit smaller, currently more trimmed than the CX and indoors flew bunnie hops only 4 foot space, this morning dead calm conditions so making sure absolutely no wind took it out, even managed to manuver it around, .. but a soft breeze arrived, and it started to kite towards a garage, so landed, didn't even notice the breeze till I saw some leaves moving perhaps 1 MPH ..Breeze settled and finished more short flights..my best series of flights to date, most under 1 minute but added up to at least 14 minutes flight time...

Hope to handle tight manuvers indoors, should keep me busy for awhile...

CP(S) look great down the road, just early for me...WARREN .<>..

Short flying on the CX todate, CX is far more responsive making the better of the two, still like the Lama tho...
Old 06-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Clement7

Can anyone suggest a good Electric Helicopter that I can use to do aerial photography /video. I already got one of DFI's SAVS but I want to find out other options that I can use.

Can anyone please suggest on what electric heli to get that is most suitable for hovering, easy to control, big enough to be stable even in a slight to moderate breeze and can manage to carry atleast 1.1 to 1.5 pounds (so I can modify it a bit and attach a 3CCD Panasonic PV-GS200)?

Thank you.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:44 PM
CXela22

WOW that dragonfly sounds pretty good!
How much are the replacement parts and the shipping cost, plus where can i find an exper that can fix it in
DENVER, or AROURA colorado?
Old 08-06-2006, 10:51 AM
darkage

ORIGINAL: CXela22

WOW that dragonfly sounds pretty good!
How much are the replacement parts and the shipping cost, plus where can i find an exper that can fix it in
DENVER, or AROURA colorado?
Dragonfly? Seen many ppl refer to them as plastic junk with a not complete manual. But I wouldn't know. Think the safer choice would be a ark x-400, seem to be smooth & stable but parts might be a tiny bit harder to get than a trex but not all that hard.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:56 PM
ldsanders

I'm just getting into r\c helicopters ( after about 2 1\2 years of planes).
I was wondering if any of u have heard anything about the Esky E012 LAMA-3 V3 CoAxial Contra Rotator 4CH Electric RC Helicopter.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:49 PM
CXela22

Nah. I got a BLADE CX (the guy starting with helis, DO THIS, eflite is better than Esky (knockoff) if you ask me)
and i got a BLADE CP.

I only need 1 more helicopter, the vibe 50, and i know this guy i can get it cheap from.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:01 PM
ldsanders

Is there any negatives to the BLADE CX?
Old 08-19-2006, 11:09 AM
ldsanders

How about the Walkera Dragonfly 5-4 X-Factor Easy-Fly RTF Radio Remote Control Electric RC Helicopter Version 4.
Has anyone heard of it? Im just asking because it is a about $100 rtf helicopter and my budget isn't that big.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:36 PM
CXela22

ORIGINAL: ldsanders
because it is a about $100 rtf helicopter and my budget isn't that big.
already know. Dont do it, im telling you! BLADE CP is much better! i got some crashes, and i fixed it on sight! Good stuff. Hobby Shops have parts of it on da wall. This one i bet u have to special order it. and i bet its a hunk of junk. No buget, no heli. You HAVE to spend more or you wont enjoy the performance!

NEGITIVES ON CX
I got video footige of it flying on a mountain top in Vail, CO with holy cross mountian in the backround, and flew it at Ezinhower tunnel! (lost footige of it though) so its a great little bird! Perfect for begginers. Tight buget? I got mine for 190 at my local hobby shop!

dont forget to check the shop on this site, you can probably get a used one for cheap!

Now the XRB Co Llama (Hirobo) is even better! Instead of screw-in stationary blades that the CX has, I can only dream of how the break away blades can take much more damage than the CX. It may be harder to get parts though!