Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

blade cp training gear

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

blade cp training gear

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 08:27 PM
ahmoser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blade cp training gear

bought a blade cp today, my first helicopter. Can anyone help me put the training gear on, it didn't come with directions, and I cant seem to figure it out. Also could anyone tell me exactly what all the controlls are on my 6 ch remote? I know the left and right stick controlls obviously, but the trim controlls are kind of vague, which is which?
Thanks
Old 02-24-2006, 09:46 PM
sparky814_hawk

Default RE: blade cp training gear

type in blade cp training gear installation and you should be able to find some pics online!

left stick - left and right controls tail position, up and down controls throttle

right stick - left and right controls bank, up and down controls helicopter pitch

Also take a look at www.putfile.com/sparky814_hawk

this is a site where i am getting ready sell my plastic blades for the Blade CP. They will be a god send for you when it comes to learning how to fly!! Trust me when i say they will save you LOTS of money!!! when i was learning I paid more for blades then I did for the helicopter!! This problem will be solved with these new blades
Old 02-24-2006, 09:47 PM
sparky814_hawk

the trims are contols you fine tune stability with not control the aircraft.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:50 PM
ahmoser

thanks for the help, Im still confused about the TRIM controlls though

directly under left stick is ?
directly under right stick is rudder?
directly to the right of right stick is throttle
directly left of left stick is?
Old 02-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Gage.

ORIGINAL: ahmoser

thanks for the help, Im still confused about the TRIM controlls though

directly under left stick is ? Is the rudder trim
directly under right stick? is aileron
directly to the right of right stick is throttle? hard to explain
directly left of left stick is? elevator trim if its going forward or backward

There ya go i can never explain the one to the right its confusing all i can say is just keep down for beginning hence thats what it says in the book.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:57 AM
PaveLow58

One of the problems with the trim lingo is that they are using Airplane references to refer to a Helicopter. Obviously, helicopters don't have ailerons, right?

How these are configured depends on Mode selected, in the case of some radios.

Mode 1 with right hand throttle and Mode 2 with left hand throttle. Assuming Mode 2, we have Left Stick Throttle and Right Stick Cyclic.

Trim Control Summary

Under Left Stick: Anti-torque Trim. More commonly called "Rudder" Trim and is designed to prevent the fuselage from yawing or rotating around its vertical axis. Full scale helicopter pilots might relate moving the left stick left or right to the Anti-torque tail rotor pedals. Thus, I think this trim slider would be better called Anti-Torque Trim, but old habits die hard.

Right of Left Stick: Throttle Trim.

In the case of an intermediate level Blade CP or comparable, you can use the throttle trim slider on the transmitter to finely adjust the throttle and pitch curve, but only AFTER the 4-in-1 unit has been armed.

Increasing the trim will allow for more positive pitch, while decreasing the trim will allow for more negative pitch. Depending on the setup of your particular model, you can achieve an equal amount of positive and negative pitch in the idle-up (stunt/aerobatic) flight mode with the trim near center. You can also better adjust the stick position at which your model hovers in the normal flight mode by also using the throttle trim.

Just don't forget to move the throttle stick and trim slider all the way down to arm the 4-in-1 unit first before flight, and to power down the motors after flying.