Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Hirobo XBR SR Charger Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Hirobo XBR SR Charger Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Stealth X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hirobo XBR SR Charger Question

when charging the battery the manual indicates the light on the charger will flash orange momentarly when 1st plugged in, then solid red while charging, changing to solid green when charged. well i'm finding it flashing orange during mid charge. i remedied it yesterday by unplugging the battery and plugging it back it. now it seems to not want stay red for longer than a couple minutes...? i did leave it charging for a couple hours so expected it to be green when i got home. instead found it flashing orange, not being sure if it was charged or not i figured best replug it, to no avail... it wont stay red.

is it maybe a warning of an over charge? is that even possible?
Old 02-27-2006, 09:17 PM
tanasit

Default RE: Hirobo XBR SR Charger Question

I'd go fly and see how long the flight lasts (should be 10 to 15 minutes), then try to charge it again and if you still don't get full green after an hour or so then either the pack is bad (one or more of the cells may go bad especially if you use the after market pack) or the charger which I doubt.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:21 PM
rmbler

Hi Stealth first you should never leave a li-po unattended it could be a very dangerous practice if you did leave it for more that an hour of so its very possible that you did destroy the battery or at least a cell same outcome i would be very careful charging that battery again make sure its not getting warm li-po's shouldn't get warm i have 2 from Hirobo for the lama neither one gets warm and the longest i can remember it taking to charge is just over an hour when i run it way down just before it doesn't have enough power to take the heli to a hover is a good rule of thumb so you don't drain it to low to take a proper charge BE CAREFUL I WOULD RATHER SPEND $50.00 ON A NEW BATTERY THAN A CHANCE OF FIRE.
Good luck let me know how you make out
Regards,
Phil.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Stealth X

after a few tries it took. this does seem to happen quite often though. has anyone else experienced this orange light flashing during mid charge? if not i may have a faulty product here! also do you guys make sure it has a full charge each time before you fly? as i've been doing this and even though it was fully charged the night before, when i plug it in in the morning to "top it off" it still takes like 45min before turning green....?

thanks alot, Chrsitian

Old 02-28-2006, 11:17 PM
rmbler

Hi Chrsitian it does seem odd that it would turn orange during the charge process it has never happened to me i have had my XRB since August and its never happened i use to top the battery off but stopped i think it might just ware down the battery faster as they will take just so many charges. Don't get me wrong i have about 150 charges on my battery so i got a second to switch off mine takes about 1 hour to 1.20 mins to charge when its worn down to just being able to hover to answer you question i wouldn't top it off BUT i would bring the charger back as it might be faulty and you should have a good charger you paid for a good one.Please don't take chances with li-po's Hope this helps.
Regards,
Phil
Old 03-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Stealth X

the last few charges went fine. also my last "top off" took about 1minute! maybe it just had to be "broken in"??

on a side note, i have a question about hovering. it seems to me i cant get it to just hover above around 2ft. i can get it to go up but it always sinks back down, or if i make any kind of manuever it will lose height also.... i can throttle up to make it climb, but as soon as i back off the throttle so it will stop climbing it sinks to about 1-2ft from the ground. is there some way to remedy this or it it just due to how fast the battery life diminishes?
Old 03-02-2006, 07:55 PM
rmbler

as far as it losing altitude when you are maneuvering this is normal. It will lose some altitude as you are changing the pitch of the blades the fact that it will maintain a steady hover at about 1 -2 feet off the ground is due to ground effect the heli is light and the rotor wash will keep it up unlike with other bigger heli's you need to try to pirouette it in both directions and see if it is about the same speed either way if not it might need a minor adjustment does you LHS have knowledge of heli's or do they just sell them? there are two screws on the heli that should be adjusted the same amount of turns let me know how it pirouettes and I'll get you the info if you want to adjust it your self. Being its so new i would bring it back and let the guy that sold it to you set it up.
Regards,
Phil.
ps. It may be the screws on the servo horns but i can't say for sure this is your problem