Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Gyro Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 04:30 PM
dgcarter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gyro Trouble

I'm a beginner and I have bought a GWS Mini Dragonfly.
I am using a GWS PHA-01 3 in 1 Mixer Board, but the problem is that it sometimes it initializes and mostly not.

I have been up and down the web and I can't find any solution to this annoying and persistent problem.

Can anyone help?[&o]
Old 03-01-2006, 09:31 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gyro Trouble

The PHA-01 is rather unreliable. If you do a search on the web, you'll likely find some rather lengthy topics on it in the RCgroups forums.

GWS recently released a new version of it (GWS PHA-03 is it?) that resolves many of the issues with the PHA-01. I do know that they are currently allowing you to return the PHA01 to them and you get a discounted price on the PHA-03's.

Of course, this doesn't help with your problem. Back when I did use a PHA-01 before I decided to stomp on it, sometimes, it would never initialize at all. It's important not to touch, shake, vibrate, or otherwise move the helicopter at ALL when plugging the battery in. The only solution I ever found for this was to simply unplug it, let it sit for a minute, then plug it in and hope for the green light.

Since you are already having problems, you may find that even if you do manage to get it to initialize, you will receieve alot of tail drift that requires constant trim to get the tail under control. From what I understand, most of the problems with the PHA-01 are due to the fact that the gyro is located right overtop the FET's for the ESC's. The heat rises from the FET's during use and heats up the gyro sensor, causing it to drift and having initilization problems.