Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

help with the blade cp

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

help with the blade cp

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 08:43 PM
flightmedic-cp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with the blade cp

im totally new this sport and i bought a blade cp and i cant seem to fly it..lol...i have crashed many times and replaced many parts..my question is..how do you set the controls up for hover? i cant figure out where they need to be set so that the heli will lift straight....if anyone has any help at all please tell...thanks
Old 03-02-2006, 08:52 PM
N11634

Default RE: help with the blade cp

Unfortunately my friend, none of them will lift straight except for the blade CX (and other counter rotator heli's). I hope you've purchased or made training gear. They're cheaper than parts.

A helicopter is inherently unstable. That's the trick to hovering. You have to get good enough to almost anticipate the next movement of the heli and correct it. It comes with time, some more time than others. Once you have it in the air, you can pay attention to what way it tends to go more than other directions and trim it to take some of this tendancy out of it. If it tends to tip forward, put some rearward trim on it, left right and so-forth.

I heard it said best once that a heli is always heading for a crash, the only thing that saves it is the operator. Also, if the wings are going faster than the fuselage, then it is a helicopter and therefore, unsafe.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:05 PM
flightmedic-cp

thanks for the reply..i know its not gonna do it by itself..but what can i adjust to make it lift straighter and now turn left or right and up/down when lifting..thats my big problem...that and it just wants to shot forward..any ideas?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:16 PM
N11634

Pit some backward trim. If it's really pulling, use a lot of trim. If it's too much, you may have to make a mechanical adjustment to the swashplate to tilt it back, but that would be an extreme situation.

For it turning left/right, I assume you mean yawing, or rotating. You have to adjust the trimmer pot on the 4-in-1 and/or put rudder trim to correct.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:23 PM
johnnyf

have you read Radd's school of rotary flight
u can find it on this forum somewhere i wish i knew how to post the link but
u need to follow this before u can fly
i have a blade cx and it is supposed to be easier than your heli
read the post from Radd and i am sure it will help
it is helping me
Old 03-02-2006, 11:15 PM
rmbler

Being new to heli's and your first heli is a BCP you have a big learning curve it takes time and lots of blades and parts but most of all practice to really learn i did the same thing first heli that is.Even with the training gear. Use Radd's and keep a close eye on the tail motor they tend to did fast. I no longer have my Blade due to a motor dying mid flight about 15 feet up the and totalled it against a tree. Also don't be in a hurry to get the enhancement kit learn to fly first with training gear. Just take small steps at a time oh yea 3 things practice ,practice, practice. Good luck you will do fine, hope this helps.
Regards,
Phil.