Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

Transmitter for Heli's and Planes?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Transmitter for Heli's and Planes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 05:26 AM
neilos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter for Heli's and Planes?

Hi there

I am thinking of investing in an electric heli possibly Trex. I need to buy a heli Tx but would like one that will also be capable of controlling a fixed wing shock flyer. My budget would stretch to something around the price of the Futaba 6exh or 6exas but not both?

Any advice, or am I dreaming?
Old 03-06-2006, 06:43 AM
tippy

Default RE: Transmitter for Heli's and Planes?

ORIGINAL: neilos

Hi there

I am thinking of investing in an electric heli possibly Trex. I need to buy a heli Tx but would like one that will also be capable of controlling a fixed wing shock flyer. My budget would stretch to something around the price of the Futaba 6exh or 6exas but not both?

Any advice, or am I dreaming?
It's easier to fly an airplane with a heli TX than a heli with an airplane TX. The "A" TX's usually come with a ratcheting/notched throttle stick which is unsuited for heli flight. Although you can dig into the back of the TX and disable this, the "h" TX's have this disabled already.

Most decent computerized TX's have the firmware to fly both acro (airplane) and heli. Some even have additional code for glider/sailplane.

So if you have any inkling of ever flying a heli ... get a heli TX because it will (probably) work just fine for airplanes ...

Good Luck,
d.tipton
Old 03-06-2006, 08:02 AM
neilos

Thanks for that

Any suggestions on a decent Tx, is a futaba 6exh ok and can you upgrade the firmware, if not which other heli Tx would you suggest?
Old 03-06-2006, 11:36 AM
tippy

ORIGINAL: neilos

Thanks for that

Any suggestions on a decent Tx, is a futaba 6exh ok and can you upgrade the firmware, if not which other heli Tx would you suggest?
I've flown with the 9CH since it first came out and have had no complaints. I use it on my planes, my Raptor30, a brief moment with an electric glider, and an RC parachutist. The synth tuner is now available for the 9C so you don't have to get a tuner block for each channel.

Can't speak for the 7's or 6's ... never even held one ... so can't say anything for or against the 6exh.

Good Luck,
d.tipton
Old 03-06-2006, 10:46 PM
badazzbusa
My Feedback: (1)

The 7ch will wok fine for both and give you about as mush flexability as you woud ever need. If you tried to save a few bucks now, the 6exh will work but you will probably out grow it.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:06 AM
RCer22

The Futaba 7CHP is a nice computer radio.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futj69.html
Old 03-21-2006, 04:01 PM
kramer
My Feedback: (61)

You can get a tx that has both Hitec Optic 6 or eclips 7 have both and are Futaba/jr compatable and with spectra modual you have all the frequancies