Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

I CAN HOVER THE HB2 NOW!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

I CAN HOVER THE HB2 NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 12:04 PM
P-40LUVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I CAN HOVER THE HB2 NOW!

I finally got the hang of hovering my Honeybee CP2,after 3 sets of blades,2 times breaking the mainframe and replacing a new mainframe,I can hover the HB2 in my living room and keep the tail straight,I even have it as high as 6 foot in the air.(practicing every day for about 15 minutes it took 3 weeks)
It sure is a satisfying experience now and feel comfortable at the controls..I also took off the training gear!
Taking off with the training gear off is a little tricky,it wants to roll over to the right(looking from the back) but I quickly compensate with a little left aileron and it's off..landing is easier.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:34 PM
FredFerret

Default RE: I CAN HOVER THE HB2 NOW!

WELCOME TO THE PROUD BEGINNERS CLUB!!!

lol.. im about the same stage as you, can hover it round the room (without balls) quite happily, and not tooOOooo bad with tail to the right, (only cos my tail motor was on its way out,,, good way to learn though),, but the other day i tried to hover with the tail left and dropped like a stone. so............ balls back on for me, (when ive got a new motor again!)

and got a good vid of it crashin into the fiancee!!! heh heh
Old 03-07-2006, 03:53 AM
no8080

I am at the stage with my HB CP2 where I can keep it slightly off the ground in a fixed 1 foot square area. (Well most of the time).

I still have my training gear on.

Do either of you find the HB drifts a lot to the left?

I also have a problem with the tail hunting left and right with the training gear on, it doesn't seem to do it with out the training gear, although I don't put as much collective in without the training gear attached.

To be honest I am scared of increasing the height of my heli any more, I don't fancy crashing it!

The biggest problem I have is when the tail hunts left or right it changes the orientation of the heli and it throws out my control of the heli, at this point it all goes very wrong for me.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:16 AM
Gorgok

Lower gyro gain when the tail hunts.

If your main blades on the heli spin clockwise, the heli will always drift left. This is because the tail rotor is pushing it that way (to keep the whole heli from turning counter clockwise). Trim the transmitter a bit (aileron) to counter it, or just keep giving it collective input to correct it.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:39 AM
no8080

ORIGINAL: Gorgok

Lower gyro gain when the tail hunts.

If your main blades on the heli spin clockwise, the heli will always drift left. This is because the tail rotor is pushing it that way (to keep the whole heli from turning counter clockwise). Trim the transmitter a bit (aileron) to counter it, or just keep giving it collective input to correct it.
I have tried lowering the gyro gain in small steps until I have reached the minimum, it does not seem to have an effect. Should I be making the adjustment to the settings with the battery connected or disconnected?

I figured the drifting left was normal, I am starting to learn to correct it now. My swashplate was not level to begin with, so I sorted that out and now a little right trim makes the heli much more manageable.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Gorgok

As i understand you should make adjustments on the gyro when its off, then let it initialize for them to matter. If it can't be adjusted any more, and the tail wagging is still there then either lowering gain mechanically, or looking for a real problem might be necessary.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:38 AM
InsightGoalie

If you make it to fly level at that low as soon as you get it up out of ground effect it wont be level anymore. I found that out the hard way when I lifted up then my whole heli rolled right...
Old 03-09-2006, 06:14 AM
no8080

ORIGINAL: Gorgok

As i understand you should make adjustments on the gyro when its off, then let it initialize for them to matter. If it can't be adjusted any more, and the tail wagging is still there then either lowering gain mechanically, or looking for a real problem might be necessary.
How do I lower the gain mechanically.

The manual says you should adust the settings with the battery plugged in. I have found this to be untrue. The adjustmenst don't take effect until you remove the battery and reconnect it.

Neil
Old 03-09-2006, 08:16 AM
Gorgok

Hmm. To lower mechanical gain on most helis you would move the push rod of the tail rotor closer to the center of the servo. This cuts down how much the servo can move the push rod in both directions over the same degrees.

But, i don't see any tail rotor servo on the CP2... Is the tail fixed pitch? I don't know how to do it then...