Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

HoneyBee CP2, dance of the mental cat brick.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

HoneyBee CP2, dance of the mental cat brick.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Gr3mlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HoneyBee CP2, dance of the mental cat brick.

Morning all!
I recently brought a honeybee cp2.
The thing is great. not that i would know mind you. it is my first ever helicopter.
being that, i was extremely likely that it would crash. gutted!
at one stage it collected a chair leg, no more than 2 inchs off of the ground.
it bounced off and hit the ground with a bump. then the tail motor proceeded to go into overdrive and spin the helicopter around, only problem being that it was on the ground, so it quickly tipped over enough for the rotor's to make contact with the ground, where it proceeded to dance around the floor like a mental cat. i quickkly throttled down to save my mental cat CP2, but was it finished dancing? haha, no. it proceeded to dance around with the grace of a flying brick. i then turned the TX off as a last resort!, but no, the brick still had plenty of dance moves to pull, suddenly the battery pack flew into the air, higher than i ever had the helicopter itself, and it all stopped.
Inspected the mental cat brick CP2, to see the damage, broken rotor head set, shreaded rotors, ok, not really all that bad! cool!
I found the battery and connected it back up, suddenly the heli bursted back into life full power!.
After much talk regarding the 4-1 it was decided that it burnt out.
so i purchased a new one, and pull the old one for inspection.
Strangly i found a link wire, running from an IC, to the collector pin on a Transistor, the was completely un-insulated and had shorted on other pins on the IC, as a result another IC on the back face of the PCB had completely burnt out.
surely the link wire should have been in-sulated. i mean really. so close to other pins on the IC and not in-sulated?.

-Gremlin-